ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new Clio's first pics :(

350z, Subaru Legacy
Been offered £4,900 with 400 of it scrap value - so £4,500 and keep the car.

Going to appeal against the valuation with adverts etc.

Worth keeping the car and selling it in on myself? - how much could I get for Cup spoiler, absolutely mint steering wheel, seats etc?

Don't know if I've really got anywhere to keep it either... hmm

350z, Subaru Legacy
Not sure how much it would cost to repair it either - to potentially sell it as it's CAT C....

Not ideal at all :S

350z, Subaru Legacy
That exhaust is still sitting better than mine at the moment!

They are offering you the car for £400????

Lol at exhaust, Yeah if I want to keep the car they will give me £4500.

I'm fairly sure the doors are ok, and probably the O/S front wing. I don't know how practical it would be for me to have it sitting on the drive though, and have people come and collect parts etc.

Last edited:
  Nissan 350z
Get out! £400 for all that car!? Snap their hand off ASAP.

The set of wheels alone will get you £400. Then you have the Xenon headlight, Engine + Gearbox, Steering wheel, Rear bumper etc etc.
You would easily get more than that in parts if you sold it on. Just sell the desireable parts then trailer the rest down to the scrappy.

Skoda fabia Vrs
Yes Deffo buy the car back!! Sell all the spare bits on. Will make it upto 6k then.

Shame about the car though m8 looked lovely. Buying another?

350z, Subaru Legacy
Yes Deffo buy the car back!! Sell all the spare bits on. Will make it upto 6k then.

Shame about the car though m8 looked lovely. Buying another?

Hmm forgot about the wheels, Yeah I'm going to get another one - Racing Blue clio number 3 - 3rd time lucky and all that.

Yeah breaking it sounds like a good plan then, considering the responses. Not so sure my parents will be too happy about having it on the drive as unfortunately I am living at home at the moment lol. Hopefully I can shift all the good parts.

I'd go with the rest and say buy it back, you'll make more than £400 selling it in bits on here easily.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I'd take the engine depending on price mate. 100% obviously if its still working and not damaged

RB 182 with CUP packs
A mate just sent me this link James, sorry to hear about the accident dude :(
As long as you're ok, don't worry about the car, but it is sad to see her like that.

Take that and run. £4,900 as a base price is very very good. You were never going to get near your original want of £6k.

Take the £4,500 cash. Don't piss about with people on here who will 'definitely' have things and will 'pay you tomorrow' and the 300 PM's you'll get asking you stupid questions etc.

Take half a dozen pictures. Explain. Stick it on eBay. You'll get £1500 for it at least and absolutely no hassle. Then you've got your £6k and you haven't got your hands dirty.

RB One Eight Two
Take that and run. £4,900 as a base price is very very good. You were never going to get near your original want of £6k.

Take the £4,500 cash. Don't piss about with people on here who will 'definitely' have things and will 'pay you tomorrow' and the 300 PM's you'll get asking you stupid questions etc.

Take half a dozen pictures. Explain. Stick it on eBay. You'll get £1500 for it at least and absolutely no hassle. Then you've got your £6k and you haven't got your hands dirty.

This.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
if you do end up breaking it,
let me know how much youre after for the engine, engine loom, and altenator and all that!

might be time for an F4R valver!!

350z, Subaru Legacy
Ok revised offer has come through, £4,900 and keep the car.

So I have accepted, now just need to arrange getting the car back to my house... Anyone know if the RAC or AA are likely to tow it for me? I have cover from both.

There's a good chance I will try this on ebay first to see what happens....

soon to be 182 ;)
Ok revised offer has come through, £4,900 and keep the car.

So I have accepted, now just need to arrange getting the car back to my house... Anyone know if the RAC or AA are likely to tow it for me? I have cover from both.

There's a good chance I will try this on ebay first to see what happens....

surely if they are giving you 4900 and you can ebay the car for 1500 thats 6400, are you gonna be making money on what you paid?

350z, Subaru Legacy
Well if I do make a bit, it would be well deserved I think as this whole ordeal has been a nightmare, I've got all sorts of new parts that were just about to go on the clio currently sitting all over my floor as well!

Good result! The AA/RAC won't move a crashed car, well they wouldn't when I tried.

How far away is it? Just look on Yell for 'car transporter' people or try eBay. People offer those services on there.

But sticking it on eBay as it is, that's the best plan by far. Far less hassle for you.

350z, Subaru Legacy
Good result! The AA/RAC won't move a crashed car, well they wouldn't when I tried.

How far away is it? Just look on Yell for 'car transporter' people or try eBay. People offer those services on there.

But sticking it on eBay as it is, that's the best plan by far. Far less hassle for you.

Yeah, RAC weren't interested so I'm assuming AA are the same looking at their website.

£75 for the garage to bring it to me, so I'm just going to go for that as it's easy and I've paid £100+ before for towing so not too out of the way really.

Cheers for all the input from everyone, much appreciated. Can't wait to get it all sorted so I can get another Clio!

1.2 Dynamique 16v
What a nightmare. Glad you've got a decent payout and the car back.

Hope you get everything sorted quickly!

350z, Subaru Legacy
Under pressure to get it off the drive unfortunately - so want to try and sell it as one thing for now.

350z, Subaru Legacy
Ok, so I got it sold at the weekend!

£1800 and took less than a week, not too bad really.

Now my REAL problem is trying to find another cup packed Racing Blue Clio with low mileage.

There's one in Wales with 17,000 miles on it, but in April it needs an MOT, service and belt change - he's got it up for £6,800!!
No mods either, like brakes or even pads...

I'd give him £6000 after all the work maybe! Seems well overpriced.

I could.... get... a different colour... :S

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Buy on condition .. not milage.

You'll be here for ever trying to find another one that is more perfect than the last one... or the one before that......

RB 182 with CUP packs
Not trying to blow my own trumpet James, but I think you'll struggle to find a 182 in that sort of condition with the miles tbh mate.
£6800 is far too strong. The MOT isn't a worry, but the cambelt service is a biggy as you know.

350z, Subaru Legacy
Yeah I know condition is more important than miles as a rule. But I easily do 30,000miles a year. And if I get another clio I want it to be a keeper really, i.e. eventual 2nd car/track car...