ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MY NEW CUP ARRIVED!!!!

OH YES!!!! GOT MY CUP YESTERDAY! FOR THOSE OF YOU STILL WAITIN FOR YOURS, I DONT MEAN TO BRAG BUT I JUST THOUGHT ID LET EVERYONE KNOW, COS I COULDNT BE HAPPIER AT THA MO! BELIEVE ME ITS WORTH THE WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IM OBVIOUSLY WEARING IT IN, NO OVER 70MPH, AND 4000RPM! BUT IT STILL FLYS AT THOSE REVS!!!
FOR ALL CURRENT CUP OWNERS, HOW LONG DID YOU WEAR IT IN FOR?!?! AND HOW TEMPTED DID YOU GET TO BE NAUGHTY?!?!

I didnt wear it in? Ive got a lead right foot and booted it from day one!

Only took 4 days to blow a tyre so maybe it wasnt the greatest idea Ive had but dont really think it made much odds?

Besides patience is not one of my greatest virtues and I had to see what it could do. No problems with it yet ( touch wood )

Im certainly not dissappointed...

Whats all this about breaking it in???? If the engines gonna blow by heavy acceleration then the cars not built right! Doesnt matter if ya cane it at 100 miles or 1000 - come on now (Renault Sport) emphasis on highly tuned engine!? Just do it.....lol

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

im waiting for my 172!!!! Been waiting for weeks, cant wait!!!!! :mad: any day now i hope.

GAZ 2130

Nissan R35 GT-R

DannyBoy - Dont listen to these hooligans :)

You run her in like I did - it builds more excitement as you gradually move up the revs as the miles go on.

im gonna be borin but good and wear her in, get it all smooth an sh*t!

getin more excitin!!!! thanks frosty!

I have been quite good so far, got 600 on the clock now and ive only booted it a few times! ......it just wants to be driven hard

320d M Sport

I thrashed my 172 from 200 miles upwards and it hasnt done it any harm, theyre built for it as Cupsize says. My car pulled out 152 @ wheels with no mod so theres even a suggestion that thrashed cars actually perform better??

Paddy

I got a call from my Renault garage today and my cup should be at the dealers on Monday.

Pitty i have to work away until November the 4th ARSE :mad::mad:

But its worth the wait.

if you think you can run it in gently pal, you got another think coming, its soo good it "begs you" for it, go on, enjoy, tickle her a bit. Better than playin with a willie anyway! (no offence willy owners, im sure you see the real meaning ;))

I booted it from day1, not totally, but 5k, for about 500 miles

then came the real fun.

the problem is 2nd gear mate, it pulls like a fecker up to 4000, dies ever so slightly, then the REAL deal starts, it thrusts you back in the seat until redline. Oh yes, you will try this tommorow as sure as god made little apples!

just take it easy, dont over do it!

Happy cup owner! :D

I remember before I bought my Cup that I asked this same question on whether I should run it in or not? Ben R actually said that his cars he has tested which have been thrashed from "birth" actually perform better on Rolling Road tests over ones that have been broken in.

Ive had my cup for 1 week now and will not be taking it easy anymore. By the way no oil change until the first service in 2 years or so. Whats your views?

I hope the engines are bench run in!

A 1k service was to do 2 things, change the thinner running in oil (so you could get both lubrication and wear) and to get rid of any filings due to that running in. Most cars now are bench run in so running in periods shouldnt count as such for the ENGINE but what about the rest of the car? (gearbox, drive shafts etc)

Thats what your running in period is really for ;)

Tony