ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new Cup - Cambelt?

'02 172 Cup
Hello All, I have just Brought My 172 Cup :) and LOVE IT! Just joined this website and also love it!the car is absolutely amazing to drive - having only owned a peugeot 106 1.5 Diesel boasting about 50 bhp's previously, its a nice step up!

One question i wanted answered though, was some advice on where and when to get the cambelt done. I am thinking i should book it in this week, as the car is late 2002, 45,000 miles. so its due isnt it? on age rather than miles?

Thanks Alot,

Dan

ps. I have been given a pretty basic Sub by a friend (says its only 100w) would this be easily plugged into a standard head unit or would i need a new one? i guess i will need an amp too!

n504850389_593313_867.jpg

One question i wanted answered though, was some advice on where and when to get the cambelt done. I am thinking i should book it in this week, as the car is late 2002, 45,000 miles. so its due isnt it? on age rather than miles?

ps. I have been given a pretty basic Sub by a friend (says its only 100w) would this be easily plugged into a standard head unit or would i need a new one? i guess i will need an amp too!
Cambelt is officialy done at 72k and 5 years personaly i'd get it done at 60k and 4 years max. cost is about £330 to £700 depends where you go labour rate wis its 5.1 hours only go to dealerships who have all the tools for the job and have done them before and the kit is £140 ish for all the bit ie new aux belt and seals etc which arn't part of the normal cambelt kit alone.

The sub won't plug in to the unit you need a new head unit.

P

phill172

aight mate, dont know if you remember me, we went to college together, im good mates with nelly and ben, used to go to school with jake reid? Iv got the star tattoos!
as for getting your cambelt done, personally id go down to Rentech in portsmouth and speak to mike, he did mine couple of months ago, very quick and about half the price of what renault want! Loads of references to him on here, anyways nice looking motor....

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I personally would recommend Rentech in Portsmouth.

Run by Mike who used to work for a Renault franchise, he's the only one to have serviced my car in all of its 90k+ miles.

If you page back through the dealership section, you'll come across plenty of threads praising him, and I've never heard a bad word said about his work or prices.

Can't be faulted.

Welcome to the club :)

Forget the sub. Strip everything out. Take it on track. They're sublime.