ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new exhaust

Before and after pics. Please comment, I'm kind of undecided if its an improvement.

Also, any ideas on how I can improve the look of the cutout. The 182 exhaust surrounds dont fit onto a non-RS bumper. I thought of those surrounds that are used around screen of a motorbike, but not too sure how this would turn out, any ideas?

Cheers.

BEFORE:
DSC00141.jpg

DSC00154.jpg

AFTER:
DSC00234.jpg

DSC00233.jpg

DSC00232.jpg

Cup spoiler and colour coding next, as well as ph3 bumper if I can find one.

I'm undecided if I like that or not.

Overall I think ti would have been better if you had cut a little of the bumper away for the wtin pipes.

Whats it like sound wise?

I'm undecided if I like that or not.

Overall I think ti would have been better if you had cut a little of the bumper away for the wtin pipes.

Whats it like sound wise?

The twin is my old exhaust mate, the single is my new one.

Slightly loud, kicks in about 3,500rpm whereas id prefer not to hear it really untill 4,500. Not too big an issue for me though.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
How can you say u're undecided?? lol...

Looks 'mileeeeeeeeeeees' better matey. Good job!

Anyone else notice hes got new lights too? ;) Gasperformance styleeeeeeee

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Much better, Find yourself a Ph2 172 Rear Bumper and then the Suround will fit ;)

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
f**king hell, fagan...

I see you about all the time.

Driving down hamilton street n that, didnae know you were on here.

IMG_1146.jpg

My car - recognise?

Nice little car you've got, nice debadging at the back.

Why don't the surrounds fit? Plenty of people have used them previously.

They fit perfectly on an RS bumper mate, but not a non-RS.

very big improvement!

what size are your wheels?

Cheers mate, they are 16"

f**king hell, fagan...

I see you about all the time.

Driving down hamilton street n that, didnae know you were on here.

Nice little car you've got, nice debadging at the back.

Haha quality! Dont think I recognise it but i'll keep an eye out. Do you even see that inferno 182 cup parked outside the houses on saltcoats beach front?

And my car hasn't been de-badged, comes like that standard AFAIK

Yes but how don't they fit?

A sport bumper is pretty much smooth at the bottom, where as the ph2 rear bumper has alot of creases and indents in it at the bottom, which basically means the surround is nowhere near flush as it is made to fit the sport bumper, so just looks s**t tbh.

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
Yes mate, never seen it move to be honest, anytime i go passed it's always there.

you from saltcoats yourself aye?

I THINK it was your car i passed one night on the way to ayr, you bombed it along the bypass and i couldn't help but go in front, you followed me all the way to one of the roundabouts ;)

Yes mate, never seen it move to be honest, anytime i go passed it's always there.

you from saltcoats yourself aye?

I THINK it was your car i passed one night on the way to ayr, you bombed it along the bypass and i couldn't help but go in front, you followed me all the way to one of the roundabouts ;)

Same here, never seen it moved. But there is a scoobie wrx, focus st 500 and 182 cup all from the same house. My mate said he nearly crashed into the cup haha.

I'm fae stevenston mate, you?

I remember that nite!!! A good coupla months ago? I had just passed my test and didnt wanna give it too much but inside I was bursting to have a go. Dont remember realising it was a 172 though, was pitch black. We went all the way up the by-pass and you turned left at the end towards Ayr and I turned to Pwick?

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
I'm from stevenston myself mate, parents live in the middle, Missus is up the "tap end".

Yeah I carried onto Ayr, thought it was your car.

hehe, what are the chances eh? =]

I'm from stevenston myself mate, parents live in the middle, Missus is up the "tap end".

Yeah I carried onto Ayr, thought it was your car.

hehe, what are the chances eh? =]

quality, im in the tap end as well. New houses next to morrisons

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
Directly accross from the petrol station?

That's not the tap end, posh ****!

haha, my mate stays there, has a black clio 1.2 with lexarse lights and tinted windows.

Directly accross from the petrol station?

That's not the tap end, posh ****!

haha, my mate stays there, has a black clio 1.2 with lexarse lights and tinted windows.

haha, thats round the corner from me! Another car I've never seen being driven

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
Partially because it's fucked, he's a lazy fat **** and never bothers to sort anything on it, haha.

Gees a shout on MSN if you fancy dude, would be cool havin someone I know in the area who's into modding, as i'm a bit of a noob to it masel and you seem to be a bit clued up, haha.

markhourston@gmail.com

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
LOADS better - Clio is not big enough for a single backbox twin pipe IMHO and they look crap. The single in a cut out is the clear winner.

Dan