ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new GSXR 600

Mazda 3 MPS
I've been saving up for a LONG time to buy a bike since passing my DAS a year ago. Ridden off road since I was young as there's plenty of places to go around where I live fortunately.

Since passing my test on the road I've been riding around on a really heavy horrible P reg Kawasaki ZZR 600 to get some experience.

Anyway, on Saturday I went to Garlands Motorcycles in Haverfordwest, West Wales after seeing one of their bikes on motorcyclesupermarket.com

Walked in, fell in love with the bike immediately, did the deal and rode it 60 miles to home. Excellent service and pleasant staff, it must be said, made the whole experience great.

So, today I was hoping the weather would be 'ok' so that I could give it a good clean and polish.

Enough talking, here's the pics...

IMG_1277.jpg

As you can see, I'd picked up a lot of grime riding it home. I also wanted to re locate the Tax holder because it doesn't look good there.

IMG_1278.jpg

IMG_1279.jpg

Soapy!:D

IMG_1280.jpg

IMG_1281.jpg

Looking better now...

IMG_1282.jpg

I then clayed the bike, wasn't much on tar on it in fairness. It also started raining a little bit (this is Wales after all) so I took it under the gazebo at the bottom of the garden to start polishing it.

I used AG Super resin then a layer of EGP over the top.

IMG_1284.jpg

IMG_1283.jpg

Photobucket seems to be taking all the quality out of my pics sorry.

IMG_1288.jpg

IMG_1289.jpg

IMG_1290.jpg

Not exactly low miles but it runs like new.

IMG_1291.jpg

My helmet, Might post pics of my BKS power ranger suit if anyone's interested.

IMG_1287.jpg

Called it a day at that. Looking up the river from the bottom of the garden.

IMG_1285.jpg

Sorry for posting so many poor quality pics, all comments welcome.

Plans:

TAIL TIDY in the post, Crash bungs, tank pad, pazzo shorty levers and maybe a yoshimura slip on exhaust, we'll see.

Thanks for looking :approve:

Mazda 3 MPS
I know, but for a year old bike that's quite a bit, especially as we only get the weather to ride them about 6 months of the year.

And yes, it does limit at 16k revs. Quite loud. lol

Scott S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer & ER-6F
It's always nice to see pictures of a man's helmet.

Really nice bike. Quite a different style to the new ones.

I park next to a 1000cc one at work (whilst on my YBR 125cc) and it makes me want one even more.

Not a 320d
Yeah i can imagine, mate owns an 09 GSX F which does 13 iirc.

Tidy looking bike non the less, atleast it gets used, or got used.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Looks mint.
Who did you insure with in the end?

Get rid of the pillion pegs, makes the back end look so much cleaner!
Love the colour scheme, never seen one like it before.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
On mine I just took the LHS off, and ground the peg off the RHS so I can still use it for the exhaust bracket.

I badly want another bike but I'll never get enough use out of the R6 let alone another as well!

Ford Bantam 1.6
tidy bike mate drive safe,you will have to get a video of the standered exhaust and the one of your yoshi once on.
yoshi ftw got one on my quad and its a nice rumble

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Nice garden view!

I attend a Company who sells motorbikes stock take each year and almost every bike I look at has very low mileage.

MCS R56
Ended up going with Express Bike Insurance mate. Thanks for your PM. I really want to lose the pillion pegs but because they hold the exhaust up I can't yet. Once I splash out on a yoshi can they can go then.

Tempted by one of these but look at the price! :eek:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Exhaust-brack...cycle_Parts?hash=item3a589b6c39#ht_1542wt_978

does that actually rev to 16k ?

Looks good, low miles...i dont get it, i see under 5,000 miles.

LOLz at does it rev to 16k!?

Nice bike! I hope you enjoy it!

RB 197
Awesome, beautiful, just awesome!! Looks beautiful after you've cleaned her.

My Dad had one in the red/black colour scheme, sadly we lost him on his so stay safe dude and enjoy the sunshine (when it comes) :)

DrewBear11

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST
Hiya mate

I live in milford haven and im looking to get a gixxer 600 too.

Did garlands have many of them ? Were they good to deal with ? I've heard a few dodgy stories...

Safe riding mate, looks amazing !

Mazda 3 MPS
Hiya mate

I live in milford haven and im looking to get a gixxer 600 too.

Did garlands have many of them ? Were they good to deal with ? I've heard a few dodgy stories...

Safe riding mate, looks amazing !

They were great with me to be honest mate. I'll keep you updated if I get any problems.

They only had one other I think mate and that was a 58 plate gsxr 600, blue and white, really mint, lots of mods, belonged to the mechanic that works there but he's looking to sell it.

Thanks everyone for the positive comments, really appreciate it. Just need some decent weather now :D