ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new GTi

Very smart looking car - from the pics you've posted there's no way to tell that's an 8 year old car. If they were still being made today I'd guess it'd be hard to tell the difference between a new one and yours Rich.

And you're a brave man taking on someone else's 8 year old dark coloured car!

106 GTi
Cheers Ally. It was horrendous on collection when I saw it under the Shell garage lights, I wondered what the hell I had bought ! To add insult to injury he even left the T Cut shite he used to inflict the damage in the boot !

I know it will never be A1 but I am going to tidy it the bets I can without spending lots of money on it. I looked at a few black ones before buying it lol

tiTTy & SV650
looking good, i'll get some pics of my pug later. Spent 4 hours cleaning it up yesterday and it looks pretty awesome.

refurbed wheels make all the difference though.

One of my neighbours has a china blue 106 gti, I was tempted to put a note on her window to see if she'd sell it lol

106 GTi
Nice one look forward to the pics.

I have a fresh set of 15 inch Nimrods waiting to go on in the garage but they looked daft at standard height.

The standard wheels are not bad apart from the previous owner has 'done a Paul' and tried to paint the inner face on one of them, and badly tried to fix some minor curbing on the two fronts.

The guy who painted the 15's did such a good job of them I will get him to do the 14's at some point.

lol - do it !

The 306 next to it in the pics was China, I was shocked how much darker Mauritius is than it as I really did think it was just China and Peugeot had don there usual just rename the colour trick.

tiTTy & SV650
I got a new set off ebay all speedlines all in various states but all straight and not dented / chipped.

£135 to refurb
£65 for the wheels
£205 for 4 PE2s

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
done a Paul - sounds a top bloke!! (i did 'a paul' on all x4) and made a good job! ;)

106 GTi
I got a new set off ebay all speedlines all in various states but all straight and not dented / chipped.

£135 to refurb
£65 for the wheels
£205 for 4 PE2s

Not to bad then, I have been quoted 40 quid a wheel but that may be plus VAT.

ITB'd 182...
looked super clean at combe.

mate's comment was "thats cleaner than shrowroom" as his jaw hit the floor. lol

106 GTi
looked super clean at combe.

mate's comment was "thats cleaner than shrowroom" as his jaw hit the floor. lol

Cheers - Glad I cleaned it despite the crap weather - not bad for a quick wash and QD there then :)

106 GTi
I think they where referring to hub bit in the middle which was still shiny silver new looking !

The back brakes on the 106 seem to actually do some work which I found odd, under heavy braking you can feel them working. Even a mate commented on it when he drove it.

tiTTy & SV650
Nice one look forward to the pics.

DSC01886.jpg

updated pics in my thread: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=272032&page=13

VW Caddy Van
My mate has a 106 GTi in Diablo Red done over 100k now runs cams chip supersprint manifold Peugeot Ecosse ram air induction kit and de cat. BHP is about 155. His is lowered 60mm and has 306 GTi6 brakes on it.

Things a weapon looks amazing aswell

106 GTi
Nice to know the go well even with high miles.

Mates 106 racecar is around 200 brake as you can imagine that is a monster !

Renault Clio 1.2
looks nice mate, just dont make it chav-ofide! lol laods of them round here t***s drive them. go for it mate

VW Caddy Van
Cos a properly tuned 106 GTi will keep up and in some cases beat a 172/182

My mates also keeps right on the tails of Type R's. He's currently banned due to some s**t with his neighbour so he plans on supercharging it

hey cool Rich - same car as me now! knew you were looking for one but just noticed your avatar and thought id see if you had posted pics.

Bought mine in march - pretty similar - mines a 98, black, 48000 miles (54000 now) full history etc. Only problem really was a few dents and expected a few issues as had not been driven for 2 years before I bought it
Anyway I bought it due to the missus having a baby so needed something cheap for a while - had intended keeping it and using as a track car when Claire goes back to work and buying another R26 for normal use. Started off with a few basic mods but they soon went out of control as usual with me! Admittedly though have had a fair few problems with it as expected but didnt think they would be such a nightmare to diagnose.

firstly it kept dropping to 3 cylinders - no-one could work it out - cost me nearly £2000 in the end before I had a guess at dodgy injectors and luckily I was right! so thats ok now. Replaced coil pack, injectors, genuine plugs, map sensor, throttle body and all associated sensors, 2 x lambda sensors the list went on and on
now It has a tendancy to stall every now again - which is really annoying when dropping a gear going into a car park or similar - you loose the power steering so its a bit dangerous - going to Peugeot this morning to rpice some parts but again its gonna be guess work as no-one is sure whats wrong!
The brakes also felt crap on mine - really really weak - anyway had the hoses replaced with braided and some new fluid and wow what a difference. Have since put some greenstuff pads on the front too and is 100% better than when I bought it - going for some 306 gti 6 brakes soon though and some new rears with GS pads. The brembos from a 406 wont fit with the wheels I have

anyway the engine has had the usuals -
ITG Maxogen (without airbox),
Full prospeed exhaust and decat (bought a pugsport first but was crap - fell apart after 3 weeks and sounded s**t imo),
decat,
raceland manifold,
Samco coolant kit,
Samco Induction kit,
Sparco Strut Brace,
Powerflex lower engine mount,
GE quickshift,
Polished Rockers,
Few Polished covers - battery, ECU etc
replaced all screws, washers and nuts with Stainless equivalents
and just cleaned and generally tidied it up

engine currently looks like this - give or take a mod or 2
106engine.gif

suspension I replaced with Bilstein Sprintline shocks and Eibach sportline springs and am massively impressed with them - rides brilliantly and hadles superb - although back end is still a little wobbly so gonna get a 25mm anti roll bar to stiffen it up a bit

Have done bits and pieces outside - the wheels are 306 s16 15inchers but reconned in gloss black powdercoat. Had half the car resprayed as had been keyed down one side - problem now is that half look far better than the other side! so will look at sorting that next year. New rear lights, side repeaters, french plates, debaged rear, updated rear wiper, etc etc

havent really got any good pics of the outside - difficult with black wheels but youll get the idea
my106.jpg

have had some dash parts flocked, fitted some nice pedal covers and mats and a couple of alcantara bits (gear gator etc) but soon to be stripped with some buckets

Is a cool car - better than I was expecting - still have the same plans though although tempted with a 197 in white but well see.

Shall come and have a look at it next spring when the shows start again

106 GTi
Very nice Tim - a 106 GTi with crap brakes, they all seem to vary from poor to scary judging by the ones I have driven.

New discs all rounds and some DS2500's, good fluid and a nice bleed seemed to sort mine - one of first things I did.

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
Cool cool, sounds like it's coming along well, you going concours ?

I saw a mint black one at trax yesterday, it was a pgac ?? megs winner of the year car (or something) It was dropped on oz alloys, the blokes gf was tidy as too.

I know the bloke who owns that, his name is steve

106 GTi
Got the GTi on the rollers yesterday to get a bench mark figure 136 bhp and 113 lbf.ft of Torque so will be interesting to see how it responds to some mods.

A few shots from yesterday.

IMG_2920.jpg

IMG_2930.jpg

IMG_2932.jpg

IMG_3030.jpg

IMG_3050.jpg

IMG_3051.jpg

IMG_3079.jpg

IMG_3081.jpg

Last edited: