ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new GTi

M

mini-valver

Cracking result that, Treen!!

Looks stunning under the lamps in the garage too. Awesome :)

106 GTi
Cheers lads. Yeah Crappy K&N and poxy Bosal system which I was sure was going to lose it power !

It did look nice inside, needs bright light to bring out the colour - shame we live in Dull old Engerland !

I would have another 309 GTi with a GTi 6 lump in it though.

1998 BMW e46 323i
Love the OEM look Rich. Looks like a little minter. Makes me want to refurb my 172 wheels back how they were originally.

106 GTi
I have a set of wheels to go on it John but need to lower it first (only some 406 Nimrods so it should not look too chav!)

Indeed Warren - I would love a pink Racecar lol

best mod i did to mine was the manifold - it revs so much easier now.

thats good power Rich - i reckon mine is about that - maybe 140 odd.

Am selling mine now - need to save for another r26 so its going asap

I would advise against the pug sport mate - I bought one and it fell apart within 3 months - very poorly made - and personally think they sound crap - as if they are blowing all the time - everyone I took in it thought it was fooked
There is a hollow centre box which makes a raspy sort of sound but its just really cheap and nasty.
Also when it comes to MOT time and you need to put your cat back on the section is a different size so would need to be cut out and new brackets added to refit the cat - far too much trouble imo

106 GTi
Cheers Tim - Thats odd, both the race cars have had them on for 2 years now, I was going for the one with a Motorsport Cat ?

The sound of them is a bit odd I agree with that.

the baffles went on mine in the back box so used to rattle when I went through the revs,
Loads of people on 106 owners have them and love them but after mine falling apart I went to prospeed and had a custom one made - fits far better now

If your getting the sport cat version then at least you wont have to worry about mot time.

To be fair scorpion gave me a new one as soon as I told them about the baffles. Ive just never had that before on a 3 month old exhaust - Charlie in prospeed thought it was a cheap system and poorly made but its cheap so depends what you want i guess

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
106 looks loverly rear box looks a bit big for my liking!

205 is loverly - seen this in real life! why dont Pug make cars like this now!!!!! :(

106 GTi
the baffles went on mine in the back box so used to rattle when I went through the revs,
Loads of people on 106 owners have them and love them but after mine falling apart I went to prospeed and had a custom one made - fits far better now

If your getting the sport cat version then at least you wont have to worry about mot time.

To be fair scorpion gave me a new one as soon as I told them about the baffles. Ive just never had that before on a 3 month old exhaust - Charlie in prospeed thought it was a cheap system and poorly made but its cheap so depends what you want i guess

Ta - They do look quite cheap, but I guess thats the nature of them being a motorsport system. I am going to have a look around and see.

Flame Red Delight
i am also going to be looking for a GTI soon i think how much did that one set you back? I have about £3500 to spend on one is that going to get me a decent one?

106 GTi
I think I payed 3400 for it can't remember exactly, and that was before the bottom fell out of the car market. For that budget you should get a nice one at todays prices.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Lovley jubbly, very ver under rated wee cars

I do prefer the VTS wheels tho.

Suppose they are both very rare cars all the same!

S3, HD Nightster
I would advise against the pug sport mate - I bought one and it fell apart within 3 months - very poorly made - and personally think they sound crap - as if they are blowing all the time - everyone I took in it thought it was fooked
There is a hollow centre box which makes a raspy sort of sound but its just really cheap and nasty.
Also when it comes to MOT time and you need to put your cat back on the section is a different size so would need to be cut out and new brackets added to refit the cat - far too much trouble imo
I'd disagree with that mate! I had a pugsport for over a year and was really happy with it, love the raspy sound, had no problems, bought it for £240 and sold it for £160 too.

As for MOT time, just swap the whole exhaust over, much easier than messing about with the cat.

106 GTi
Lovley jubbly, very ver under rated wee cars

I do prefer the VTS wheels tho.

Suppose they are both very rare cars all the same!

Not a big fan tbh - was a car there on Sat with them

IMG_3047.jpg

Don't really like the standard GTi wheels either but as soon as the Bilsteins go on I will swap them to my Nimrods.

106 GTi
I trial fitted mine but they look crap at standard height. Need to get my arse into gear and get them on rather than have them stacked up in the garage.

Flame Red Delight
that silver 106 looks mint :D is that around here gally??

a bit off topic but are you a professionaly photographer Rich? What camera do you use as its sooooo clear :D

Glanza

did you have a magnex of a scorpion?

106 GTI
Cheers Tim - Thats odd, both the race cars have had them on for 2 years now, I was going for the one with a Motorsport Cat ?

The sound of them is a bit odd I agree with that.

WHHAATT!! I love the sound a pug sport makes lol

106 GTi
that silver 106 looks mint :D is that around here gally??

a bit off topic but are you a professionaly photographer Rich? What camera do you use as its sooooo clear :D

Cheers no purely a hobby, just my trusty old 350D nothing special.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Fookin 'ell!

Daves is being built atm and his target is over 200 so it should be interesting next season!

Cant fookin wait! :)