ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new LY R27, pictures :)

Hi

Well after 3 years and 2 Clio 172's, I decided to get myself a new car as money permitted. Was looking for an R27 and managed to get hold of one in my favourite colour, Liquid Yellow.

So far I am so impressed with it, everything just seems so much better than my 172. The handling is just immense!

It also gets so much attention, driving it home people just look when they drive past. Parked it oustide the pub after work today, and people walking past stop and check it out, I love it!

So yer, initial impression, LOVE IT.

Pictures aren't great, taken on my iphone after the trip home from picking it up.

IMG_0379.jpg

IMG_0385.jpg

IMG_0380.jpg

IMG_0387.jpg

IMG_0388.jpg

IMG_0382.jpg

IMG_0386.jpg

IMG_0384.jpg

IMG_0378.jpg

IMG_0383.jpg

Yer the spec is what I was after. Wanted it with xenons, wasn't too fussed about climate as I rarely use it so was a bonus.

Clio 1.2 Extreme
so nice ;) how much that cost u mate. LY looks amazing, would love a R27 or 200 in that colour

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Good choice mate. R27 or nothing imo.

Needs some nice fresh plates though.

Good choice mate. R27 or nothing imo.

Needs some nice fresh plates though.

Will be added soon, just waiting for my private reg paperwork to come through from the DVLA then will get some sorted!

Does anybody know a decent wax to use on LY? Going to give it a good going over this weekend as it needs a clay!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
That doesn't have xenons though? At least not factory ones.

Washers are a giveaway.

What you have there is just the upgraded 'cornering lamps'

Listerine & Poledo
best Mk.3 IMO

Would be just that little more perfect if it had the wing and spiltter kit

Nice purchase though!

That doesn't have xenons though? At least not factory ones.

Washers are a giveaway.

What you have there is just the upgraded 'cornering lamps'

It does have xenons, but you are right, not the standard ones, looking to upgrade the bulbs to whiter ones though.

Lovely looking car now the cleaning ***** takes over. I clayed mine with the Meguiars smooth surface clay kit last year and use Meguiars Gold Class Polish. After every wash I now use Auto Glym Quick detailer. Enjoy the time you will spend washing it and then just staring at it in the sunshine.

Listerine & Poledo
Splitter will be on order next month. Not sure on the Spolier though, not sure If I like it or not.

Sure you do..... you do really.

WHen I visited renault for a quote on a 197+Cup I couldn't untick the box for the extra body trimmings, no matter how much I tried to reason with myself.

Luckil,y other things happened which said my finances wouldn't cope in any case

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
It does have xenons, but you are right, not the standard ones, looking to upgrade the bulbs to whiter ones though.

You have H1 halogens. You can fit a HID kit if you wish though.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
You'll need a H1 HID kit. I looked into trying to do it with Renault stuff. The headlights, although they look the same, are different for the Xenon application. An after market HID kit will do the same job. I suggest 5000k bulbs, look nice and O.E and not too chav blue ;)

You'll need a H1 HID kit. I looked into trying to do it with Renault stuff. The headlights, although they look the same, are different for the Xenon application. An after market HID kit will do the same job. I suggest 5000k bulbs, look nice and O.E and not too chav blue ;)

Cheers mate, that's spot on. That's what I'm after, not the blue chav look, same as the 172/182's.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Cheers mate, that's spot on. That's what I'm after, not the blue chav look, same as the 172/182's.

No problem. Get over to clio197.net, bit more info on there if you're not already :)