ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new Mini Cooper S

Snotter's
There is a place in Leeds doing remaps for £249, also found a place doing h and r springs for £145.

Mini Cooper S
New JCW wheels & side scuttles:

540fc497.jpg

I'll do some decent pictures when I put my plate on and give it a good clean...

Mini Cooper S
I haven't had a motorway run yet. I'm still getting around 25MPG, best I've seen is 28MPG out of a tank. My wallet isn't taking too kindly to the new thirsty car!

I haven't had a motorway run yet. I'm still getting around 25MPG, best I've seen is 28MPG out of a tank. My wallet isn't taking too kindly to the new thirsty car!

Might be worth checking it out mate, possibly a dodgy Lambda or something. They're meant to be really good on fuel, thats one of their selling points "performance with good MPG" lol

R26
i thought everyone moaned about rubbish mpg on the mcs? or is that older models?
looks nice btw :)

Mini Cooper S
Yeah that's the older model. Do you think the backbox would make much of a difference on the MPG?

2014 Clio 200t edc
Absolutely hate them, the missus has got a mini cooper r50? (old shape) and I get less mpg than i do in the 182!!! Horrible car, crap ride, runflats....

Last edited:
Yeah that's the older model. Do you think the backbox would make much of a difference on the MPG?

Wouldn't have thought the up-rated backbox would make much difference mate...

Absolutely hate them, the missus has got a mini cooper r50? (old shape) and I get less mpg than i do in the 182!!! Horrible car, crap ride, runflats....

R50 is a cooper mate, not the same car as a cooper s R53/56.... Runflats are shite but if it's so bad, why not replace them?!? I love the Cooper S the GF has (R53) handles like a go-kart, Id swap my 182 for one every day of the week...

Just a shame they drink like George Best.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Cooper s diesel is out soon is it not

we might be getting one, be good with a remap as the handling is spot on

At 19k i wouldnt bother personally!

And a re-map is just the ticket for BMW to void your warranty if anything goes tits up.

Mk5 golf gti
At 19k i wouldnt bother personally!

And a re-map is just the ticket for BMW to void your warranty if anything goes tits up.

Wouldnt be getting one straight away new

warranty or not it would be remapped an most likely run on red diesel :rasp:

we have a cooper now, the only down side is the gearbox and the powersteering can decide not to work randomly every few months

Mini Cooper S
Really happy with how the car is looking now, gave it a good clean and put my plate on today:

48622aae.jpg

ff728129.jpg

9477e031.jpg

8d7e6775.jpg

WANTED: RB 182
As said on MT , good place to start. When you get some coilovers, ditch the runflats and get the aero kit youll be sorted.

And no, the backbox doesnt effect fuel eco.

Mini Cooper S
I'm not bothered about coilovers, maybe I'll get a set of Eibach springs in the future. I'd love the aero kit but at £1150 it's not going to happen anytime soon!

Audi S1
I've been really considering getting rid of the Honda for one of these. I miss the Clio - but I don't want to go back to one. Mini Cooper S seems like the right direction :) Although I'm not to sure what to look for, so need to do some research!

Mini Cooper S
Go for it!!
Current look:

32eb42d1.jpg

Should be running about 230/240BHP within the next month or so. I've got a Forge FMIC & ITG panel filter waiting to go on, just trying to get hold of a sports cat now. Then the car will be remapped! Can't wait :)

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Looks really nice, best colour imo. how much will you have spent to get to that kind of power?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Those wheels just don't work for me but the car is nice and the best colour.

Mini Cooper S
My backbox cost £300, panel filter £40, Forge FMIC & Sports cat are about £900 new but I picked up the intercooler s/h and hoping to do the same with the sports cat. Remap is £400.
The 5 spoke wheels are off the R53, not my shape (R56).

I really need some decent pictures, not crappy iPhone 4 pics!

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Any updates on this mate you've not posted for a while.

I'm going to look at one tomoz so will hopefully be joining the MINI revolution! :)

Mini Cooper S
I'm enjoying the car, pretty happy with how it is atm. Every mod you do is gonna be expensive...

Think I'm gonna stop spending money on it...I want a bodykit £1k, JCW brembos - £600, remap and sports cat £600... you can spend so much!

It's in today getting serviced under the TLC pack (try and get this - free servicing for the first 5 years). I've got a Mini One auto courtesy car, it's dog slow!

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Is your MPG any better yet? lol.

Yeh the one im looking at has got the TLC pack.

So your not getting it remapped then? I'm fancying the bodykit myself, not too fussed on the brembos.

All I want to do really is the aero kit and then a nice sounding backbox (probably the JCW) and a remap and thats it for me. Thinking i'll probably get the evolve map as you can get that done on the RR etc then get them to put it on one of there plug in boxes so you can remove it if it needs to go in for work at MINI.

good little cars.. we have 1 in our house as a 3rd vehicle.. love the colour of yours ours is british racing green.. completely standard but il try post a pic up in a little while

Mini Cooper S
MPG is still 27MPG. Best I've had is 29MPG out of one tank lol. R56 prices have dropped pretty low over the last few months, try and buy one with the aero kit on it. Have a look on Total Mini & Mini Torque at cars for sale...

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Pretty nice Mitch, thats the SC one is it not?

christ, what are you doing with it? do you do lots of short journeys or something? lol.

I thought about buying one with the aero kit but they seem to demand more premium than its worth tbh, if you look on autotrader for the spec/mileage/age I want, theres only a few and they're like £2000 more than ones of similar spec without the kit, im not paying over the odds for some bits of bodywork.

I've seen the kit pop up on ebay a few times for a fairly reasonable price, theres 1 on now for £600 in black, could buy it and get it resprayed the colour want.

yep its the SC 1.. yeah its in good nick for a 52 plate im not soo sure on the chequerd flag on the front wing tho tbh.. been toying with the idea of a smaller charger pulley and a few other bits. also lucky enough to have 1320 automotive just up the road from us

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Correct but i've seen ones of similar spec without the kit for less than £10k near me which just makes me think whats the point?

If I buy the one i'm going to see tomorrow i'll get a thread started, Once I sell the car i've got now those funds are being spent on the kit etc, spose i'll need some wheels to go with it as the standard wheels probably don't look right with the kit.

Turbos.
That is good value, with the Recaro's too! Hate it when people colour code the arches though, just looks wrong to me...

Like your'e car anyway dude. I test drove a new Cooper S JCW and was surprised by the torque steer. Don't think i will ever get a FWD again unless it is a boring family barge.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Mate how loud is the JCW exhaust and how much did it cost? Also how much did your alloys cost and where from?

I've got my Cooper S now! (Lightning Blue ftw). Planning on getting the JCW kit ASAP, spotlights too. Then want some new alloys, exhaust of some sort (but not a really loud 1) and then a remap.