ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new motor

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3

Ud be surprised!!! My valver is a 92J so they are about the same age. Vavler prices are dropping fast and theres lots of em about. I was offered 2k for it and i would be happy with that!!

Im finding this offer very hard to resist!

GR7

Shiny red R32

Go for it Mitsi, those 5GTTs have loads of character. I had a Raider a short while back and my friend has it now and another friend has a gorgeous electric blue phase 1 GTT in lovely condition.

If you post your e-mail address I will send you some pics of them both!

Go for it, there arent many available.

GR7

Shiny red R32

It looks black in the top pic, but Raider blue in the lower pic! Which is it?

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3

Its the best one ive seen and Ive been looking for a while! The only thing im worried about is overheating with summer coming up!

mailto:chris@trinitymotors.co.uk">chris@trinitymotors.co.uk

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3

Its had a new engine though which concerned me a little - Im starting to get confused with service history + HPI reports - presumably a different engine has a different service history??

Just get a low temp thremostat mate, get your fan wired upto a switch and get a copper core rad, will cost you less than £150 but will save you loads in the longrun, I would definetely swap mate looks nice and owned by an obvious enthusiast!!

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3

Its already got a big intercooler, copper core rad, and fan switch - hes took the thermostat out though - might need a low temp one when it gets warmer.

had a gtturbo before my 172 it was a minter, unmodded when i bought it hpi clear fsh low milage loads of receipts took ages to find as there are loads of abused ones about. was a great car totally reliable and never let me down in 2 1/2 years not even the headgasket which is prone to popping on them, if you get a good one youll love it, still miss mine now :( if a had the cash i would have kept it

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3

They are the sort of cars that if u get a good one you will love it 2 bits - if u get a bad one ull hate it forever!!!

on the topic of valver prices dropping, was offered £5500 for mine a couple of months ago and just rcently offered £5000 for it and im not trying to sell it!! nothing stupid on it either mod wise just super clean and very low mileage, oh and reciepts coming out of its exhaust

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3

I think that if u have 16v minter then they will hold theyre price and will fetch 5k, but i think the lesser valvers (ie mine!) are becoming cheap as chips! I saw one the other day for £1400 - k reg with 17s on!!!

am really tempted to sell mine and get a cheaper one and put the extra money into a BB turbo......................so SO tempting

Valvers are dropping in price loads, with the price of newer cars dropping and the insurance deals available, 5s seem to be increasing in price when I was looking for mine 2 years ago there was loads of GTTs going for under £500 now your are lucky if they are going for less than a £1000!!

So Chris are you glad you held out and did not get the black one?

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3

Yeah - The geezer said that hes swapped the engines but there is oil in the header tank - he says its from the previous engine??? Im confused.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3

I think the old engine blew up - and hes swapped them - but theres still oil in the pipes - needs flushing out he says. Anything I need to look for?

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

If you have doubts or get a bad feeling, then walk away mate...Nothing worse than driving a car youre expecting to go wrong on you...takes all the joy away.

mitsi, if all the pipes need are flushing, why hasnt he done this already? oil in the header means blown head gasket or bad head work. it could be the remains of engine work but will need doing as it will effect cooling majorly

I am with viceroy on this one. GGTs are great if on the rare occasion you get a great one. The wheels are poop too. Other than them it looks real tidy n nice.

Bill.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3

He assures me its not the head - and he knows what hes on about. He says all the pipes have been flushed, the engines not losing oil, water and its boosts fine.

i had this with my old RT, i had some head work done and had oil in the header tank, the car ran fine and was infact fine but the sight of oil in the header tank put many people off buying it. I just dont understand why the guy who knows what hes on about doesnt just flush the rad? it is simple to do and will get rid of most the oil, unless it is leaking oil through the gasket and flushing the system would show this. Just my point of view.

if you let it run on the spot for a bit and the fan kicks in when it should and temp levels stay normal than no. keep an eye on the oil level and water level over time and make sure the header does not re-fill with oil. i wouldnt rush into buying it though

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3

he says hes done 350 miles in it last week and the fan is on a switch - no overheating problems!

Only thing you can do is have a look mate, listen for pinking on boost (Sounds like two spoons being rubbed together), I will try and find out the ways to check the clutch and turbo, start the car and let it run for 10minutes then check the header tank, if it is bubbling and hissing then head gasket is probably knackered, only worry about all this is he says he is a bit of a GTT pro but it is well known in the GTT world that running the car without the thermostat is a Very bad idea.

Marcus

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

Always run on Optimax - otherwise you get detonation damage.

Oil in header tank = Cracked head (believe me, ive been there!) this is an expensive job!

Look for rust under the car too - they have a tendancy to rot through on the sills, always worth keeping it wax oiled, especially this time of year with all the crap on the roads!

There are just so many things to go wrong on these cars - you wont believe it until you own one yourself. There is NO SUBSTITUTE for CCs - think about that, its still only a 1400 no matter what you do - so 200 bhp is never going to be reliable power - i wouldnt touch one with a barge pole ever again!

Sorry to sound down on it - but no matter what you throw at them money wise, they wont ever be reliable, or even comfortable enough for a journey!

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3

I think its just one of those things that I have to do - Ive always wanted one - Im not looking to run stupid amounts of boost and Im not bothered about 200BHP Id rather have a reliable 150bhp anyday.

I guess sometimes u have to learn from ur own mistakes!