ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my phase 1 172

clio 172
hi there, new to the forum. i used to own a 5 gtt, now i'm the proud owner of my clio.

I bought this as a project to bring it back to life with a few subtle mods. i want to give it the OEM+ look with maybe more.

Since owning the vehicle i have had the cambelt, auxbelt, dephaser and water pump changed as there was no history with the vehicle. it has been serviced, too.

At the moment i9t is currently off the road as the mot test had to be aborted due to emmison issues. the problem points to the cat, so i will be purchasing a ktr sports cat in the near future. this is going to be a bit of a slow profect for me as i have a daily runner.

comments and suggestions welcome

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i471/infidel_csf/003.jpg

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i471/infidel_csf/005.jpg

clio 172
http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i471/infidel_csf/013.jpg

i have a double din unit from one of my other cars. i wasnt goint to fit it to my clio as i didn't want to alter the dash. but after breaking my airvent off by accident i thought id have a go at it. the surround will be sprayed in the same silver as my switch surrounds. i want it to look like it come this way from the factory. cant wait til its in! i just need a sander drill bit then i will carry on as it takes forever with sandpaper!

clio 172
this is how it stands at the moment. i will put more pics of me working on it and documenting the changes in the future

ITB 428 Ph1
I notice your using photobucket, if you copy the image code instead of the links you are currently using, your pictures will display on your thread, good luck with your car

clio 172
bit of an update, changed my door mouldings for phase 2 ones. also sprayed them fresh in titan met :clap:. looks a lot better, car needs a clean tho!

before and after (exscuse the bird sh*t)

003-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

clio 172
oh, and heres a few af the latest pics of the whole car. also my double din surround which i am fabricating is so nearly there! so expect an update on the finished item soonish

006-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

clio 172
bit of an update. i've messed the double din dash adaption up a bit. the head unit went through the gap and everything, but it just didn't look 100% spot on and i felt really guilty for modifying it so much, so i want to put it back to standard. i have bought a replacment lower dash from a poverty spec clio, so i just need to respray the head unit surround on that and fit it when it arrives.

clio 172
heres an update. painted the wheels in gloss black with the yellow outer and repaired all the kurb marks, also carbon wrapped the side mouldings and door mirrors. i put the dash back to standard, too thank god

006-2.jpg

Megane 225 F1
i know what you mean, from a distance it looks black and bog standard. just wanted to try an oem + look. defo needs lowering tho! ;)

If you want black side strips, you need to keep the PH1 ones. The bullets don't go with the black and the silver.

clio 172
If you want black side strips, you need to keep the PH1 ones. The bullets don't go with the black and the silver.

yeah i wonder if it would look any bettter wraping the bullet? might give it a go, if not i'll just peel it all off

Non Sport Megane
bullits, are well difficult to wrap! my boss has a ph2 1722 track car, and he has all cthe clio badges, fog light surrounds and bullits wrapped, admitidly it wasnt proper wrapping vinyl! but it just didnt look right, too many sharp angle's for the material to sit in, please take my advice, im not just chatting sh*t i work for a company that produces all the livery for the emergency servies, and we also produce digitally printed wrap kits, it just doesnt work! even proper IJ180-10 (3M's wrapping material) doesnt like sitting in sharp angles, and that stuffs AWESOME!