ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new Racing Blue Clio 182 Cup

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Picked it up last weekend off an absolute gent off here. :approve: Cheers Alex.
Very well looked after, clayed, machine polished and waxed. I need do very little to it other than keep it clean. Was quite a sight when I'd travelled the 2.5 hr drive to see it!

After 500 miles in a week, gave it a wash and some Last Touch this afternoon and took it for a spin for some pics.

Clio182Cup2.gif

Clio182Cup3.gif

Clio182Cup4.gif

Clio182Cup7.gif

Clio182Cup9.gif

Clio182Cup8.gif

Clio182Cup6.gif

Clio182Cup.gif

Its a great little car, as I was expecting, having owned a 172 before.

Its very urgent under acceleration, holds the road very well, and the engine seems to have been cared for. Very smooth. Even up to the red line.
I wanted one of these in this colour all the time I had the 172, but when I had the cash to spend on something newer/ better, I though it daft to have something "the same".

i ended up replacing the 172 with a Civic Type R which i still have.
I've got to admit the refinement and driving position/seat of the CTR is much better, though to look at its got to be the RB182 every time. :D

This a great fun to chuck about though. I nicked it for 3 days during the week and took it to work. :p

Hope you fellas like the pics.

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Yeah I wondered where the front splitter had gone when I got home. I never asked the question.

Are the Peugeot ones the cheapest still??

I'm not spending a fortune on one for it to be nicked/ cracked etc.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Skoda. Have a search, there's a thread somewhere. Looks very good, under £15.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Everytime I see an RB, it makes me think I should have bought AJ's when he offered it me

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Welcome to the RB club. Looks absolutely immaculate, needs a splitter though.

Cheers dude - I has seen some pics of yours in your recent thread - nice.
Is there a RB182 owners thread on here somewhere yet?
Or a 182 cup owners thread?

Everytime I see an RB, it makes me think I should have bought AJ's when he offered it me

One of the ten commandments.
" Thou shalt not covet thy neighbours RB182 "
Worth breaking one lol :approve:

wow wish someone would machine polish mine to look that good :) good choice mate

Cheers Martin. Makes is p!ss easy to clean once its clayed and polished too.

Fabia VRS
offically want my car back!! :( Those pics look ace!! Miss it so so much!! Glad your enjoying her as much as i did!:)

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Why 2 hot hatches mate? :)

I like the Type R. Thats mine.
Build quality, reliability and engine refinement in the Honda is superb. It beats the RS here.
You really have to have one for a few days to "get it" when like me you've come from a Renaultsport.
That powerband takes some getting used to.
On the RS side, the 182 Cup handling is fantastic, and with the traction control you can be a complete hooligan without fear of the back end really snapping away.
Speed and hustling along a country road / getaways for your 0-60mph time is down to the driver , as in a lot of cases of car vs car nowadays .

I always wanted an RB182 and as my wife had taken a liking to one, I didnt much mind. :approve:
Both are great cars and which one you choose to go out in is dependant upon mood.

At the moment I am typing away on here. ;)

JMR

RB 182 Cup
offically want my car back!! :( Those pics look ace!! Miss it so so much!! Glad your enjoying her as much as i did!:)

Hi Alex, looking under your username i see it say Fabia VRS???? Did you get the one you went to look at? :)

I'm enjoying the 182 mate. I had to replace the rear numberplate light. Something I'd never really check tbh. I had just put my private plates on earlier in the day though and went round the back in the evening and saw nothing lol.
Trip down the autofactors got me a new bulb this evening for 99p. :approve:

Have no plans for it other than the Fabia splitter maybe.