ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new rallye

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Sounds like you have gone full hero on this Jim, I'm looking forward to seeing the end result.

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
No prob. Will bring the paxo of before the end of this month (tax expires) so we can have a swap!

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Another money pit update.

Actually thought I might get the car back today - nope. Apparently the there is an issue with the bodies catching on the engine mount and not even tried using the ecu I bought yet.

Seriously lost interest in it now as its just becoming frustrating.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Balls.
Can you not get some money back from the seller of the bodies?

Just trying to confirm that they are the wrong ones but I'm not hopeful as the seller has been a nob when I've tried to contact him.

Ill hopefully find out what's happening today as I'm at work so have put the wife on the case!

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Just trying to confirm that they are the wrong ones but I'm not hopeful as the seller has been a nob when I've tried to contact him.

Ill hopefully find out what's happening today as I'm at work so have put the wife on the case!

How did you pay? Cash?

pimp mobile Zafira
What a ball ache mate. Hope you get it sorted. As for the bloke who sold you the kit, let's hope he gets gonorrhea!

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
According to Ricky the bodies are correct but he's having to do some modifications to get them to fit.

For the money it's costing me I could've bought AT ones brand new out of the box!

The issue now is that the linkage sent by jenvey appears to be wrong! It's just one thing after another at the moment but Richards confident he will get it done eventually.

Ibiza SC
Hope it's worth it in the end mate!
First time reading this topic and the car looks awesome, I didn't even know you sold the Cup TBH (probably because it's still your avatar).

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Cheers.

Found out the problem now. The jenveys I've got are not actually for a 106 and have been adapted so therefore the linkage that jenvey sent out was wrong. They have now sent out the correct linkage so fingers crossed the car maybe ready sometime in 2012!!

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Cheers.

Found out the problem now. The jenveys I've got are not actually for a 106 and have been adapted so therefore the linkage that jenvey sent out was wrong. They have now sent out the correct linkage so fingers crossed the car maybe ready sometime in 2012!!

God what a nightmare! All this hassle for you to only own it 3 months, as well. Just kidding pal.

At least you know the problem is. I will be keen to get as much info as possible on these, so I can either avoid or follow suit if I ever have the type of finance you do!

get an eta from Ricky - we can go for a blast before my tax runs out!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers.

Chin up. The first time you drive it i'm sure all these teething problems will be forgotten.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
God what a nightmare! All this hassle for you to only own it 3 months, as well. Just kidding pal.

At least you know the problem is. I will be keen to get as much info as possible on these, so I can either avoid or follow suit if I ever have the type of finance you do!

Depends on the delivery from jenvey really.

Best case - Friday or Saturday.

Worst case - beginning of next week.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Not even got to the ecu part yet so if that goes t1ts up I think I'll have a breakdown.

BwwwwwwaaaaaaRrrrrrrrrrppp.

Genuine LOLZ

Good luck fella, will be a hoot when it's finished and you know it.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep

At least when I haven't got it I can't sell it!

Parts haven't arrived today do looking like next week now.