ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new stealth clio

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Like i have put on williamsclio the tuner who commented on the car and engine is without a doubt a pro and thats why i never questioned his theory, i will check it out in the morning and whatever the car is i will advertise it as that, like i said i purchased it off rob as a 1.8 and so he beleived it to be a 1.8, i ain't a scammer and i know more than enough about cars, feck me i built my first full engine whilst i was still at school, and that was a fair few years ago, so come on then big shot what do you do as a job??? i ain't getting funny with you just alittle pissed at your atta

so you know more than enuf about cars,rebuilt an engine whilst still at skool,but dont know wat litre ur car is?

my clio is a 1.0 litre 24v Turbo!

16v & FRST
Ingram said:
so you know more than enuf about cars,rebuilt an engine whilst still at skool,but dont know wat litre ur car is?

my clio is a 1.0 litre 24v Turbo!

And how the hell do you tell the capacity of an engine without measuring the capicity and as the engines look identical unless you 100% know what you are looking for, can you tell the difference between the two as most of the people on these forums have admitted they couldn't, or having a full rolling session with printout to compare the type of power curves

S2000
ingram - tbh I don't know why you are spouting so much shite. I'm not saying that brammer is/isn't correct about it being a 2.0 but to try and take the piss because he can't tell if it's a 1.8/2.0 is a load of b****cks because the two engine look pretty much identical when in the engine bay and thats why 99% of hybrids are not declared as 2.0 to the insurance. I was very interested in this car, but with all this stuff I might just give it a miss - I'll wait and see what the outcome of the 2.0 saga is first.

Brammer - Have you checked the code on the engine yet?

16v & FRST
No can't find it, i've had the ECU and it ain't got a different chip in it, thats for sure:
Picture188.gif

Picture189.gif

320d
Yep i'm 99% sure from that pic its a 1.8 not a 2.0

Its close to me i was tempted to go and look at it as i saw it advestised as a 2.0 on pistonheads the other day

16v & FRST
Yep i'm 99% sure from that pic its a 1.8 not a 2.0

Its close to me i was tempted to go and look at it as i saw it advestised as a 2.0 on pistonheads the other day

How are you 99% sure from that picture??? because all the engines i've seen in pictures are exacly the same and most hybrids i've seen still run the valver manifold, if you can tell from what let me know.

It's got a 1.8 exhaust manifold - 2.0 is not cast

It's got a black dot on the dip stick - 2.0 is white

Where does the power kick from 2k or 4k???

Ingram .....Leave the guy alone unless you know what your talking about ;)

PS Nice ride ......It's got a mk3 Golf CL front splitter :O

Last edited:
  S2000
fair enough, as people have said the 1.8 manifold is different to the 2.0 manifold - but, the problem with using that to judge is that the manifolds are interchangable so people often keep the 1.8 manifold for insurance reasons.

16v & FRST
That also true as i've seen a few hybrids on these sites with the same 1.8 manifold, one of the ldas off cliowilliams will come around and check the numbers and i'll take him for a spin to see what he thinks.

At the present it is for sale as a valver so if you want a cheap fun car its £1200.

320d
It was the black dot on the dip stick that did it for me

Most hybrids keep the 16v manifold as it seems to be preferred to the willy one

16v & FRST
Did these cars come with different ecu's as i've just bought another ECU for a valver and its different to what the one i removed for inspection the other day???

you were probably told it was a 2litre cos it used to get confused with mine. I had a 2litre Black valver and as i sold mine rob bought this one, alot of people thought he bought mine which was the 2litre, thats probably where the confusion is.....maybe :p
Its a nice valver thats for sure... blacks the best ;)
Oh and the Ph1 and ph2 valver ecus are different

16v & FRST
who had it before rob?? as he says it had a rebuild i just wondered if anyone knows as i can say it has without being ripped into a billion pieces on here:quiet:

i dont know who had it before but i can defo say its a 1.8 and not a 2.0... im from barnsley 2 and it was my black 2.0 valver that was always flying about, mine was an N reg and had ph2 wheels aswell so easily mistaken lol.
As for the rebuild, your guess is as good as mine

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
It's got a 1.8 exhaust manifold - 2.0 is not cast

It's got a black dot on the dip stick - 2.0 is white

Where does the power kick from 2k or 4k???

Ingram .....Leave the guy alone unless you know what your talking about ;)

PS Nice ride ......It's got a mk3 Golf CL front splitter :O

erm...i do;) ,have you drove the car?its bin 3 days n he hasnt checked weither its an F7P OR F7R?wouldnt you be suspisiouse if someone bought ur mates car a short while back and then it was for sale as a 2.0?