ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new Storm Grey Clio 200 Cup

So, about a month ago I sold the Trophy, it went to a member on here so I'm sure it will be looked after well. Was originally looking at getting something abit more economical but when this 60 plate storm grey 200 cup came onto pistonheads, and it was local, I just couldn't resist it... Cup model, with GT spoiler, projector headlights and recaros. Its had the center silencer removed so has a nice rasp to it, but not too intrusive. Only thing I think I might miss compared to my trophy is the lack of aircon. So far I'm loving it, feels even more planted than the trophy. Plans are for a remap by RSTuning (to solve the 2.5k flat spot issue) and maybe an Akrapovic exhaust when funds allow it. Anyway, heres some quick pics...

Attachments

• DSC_0554.jpg
    DSC_0554.jpg
    549.7 KB · Views: 280
  • DSC_0555.jpg
    DSC_0555.jpg
    562.5 KB · Views: 307
  • DSC_0560.jpg
    DSC_0560.jpg
    563.3 KB · Views: 458
  • DSC_0562.jpg
    DSC_0562.jpg
    587.6 KB · Views: 248

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Love it!

Someone round my way has a Storm Grey, catches my eye every time It passes me.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Brilliant. Renault should never have ditched this colour tbh :(

You need to sort the centre caps too!

Yeah it is screaming out for black centre caps, but not at £25 a corner from renault. Will have to source some from elsewhere I think.

Corsa Van. Meh.
Best colour. Good purchase.

I couldn't buy a cup personally but still an epic choice.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Yeah it is screaming out for black centre caps, but not at £25 a corner from renault. Will have to source some from elsewhere I think.

Definitely. Every time I see these centre caps, I can't quite believe that Renault thought it was acceptable. I'd love to know the actual excuse they have!

Epic colour.

And lol @ the centercap issue. I managed to get a set from Renault FOC after a quick chat with RUK. Although I had to give them the part number as they are actually off a Megane iirc.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Awesome.

I was gutted that I couldn't spec it on mine... bloody Renault.

I'm not sure I could live with a Cup, but everything else is spot on!

Phase 2 172 Sport
That colour is amazing !! Really nice looking motor fella but there is just some thing im not sure about with the front end. :D

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Looks brilliant mate. How are you finding it compared to the Trophy?

GW 200 Cup
I very nearly bought this but realised no air con! Found a GW with AC and Bluetooth with 8k miles on for same price but gotta love the colour looks fantastic.

Looks brilliant mate. How are you finding it compared to the Trophy?

Cheers Luke, to be honest it doesn't feel quite as quick as the trophy, I guess its just a lot more refined and a heavier car. But it definitely handles as well if not better! The mk3 interior is a much better place to be in, more spacious etc.

I very nearly bought this but realised no air con! Found a GW with AC and Bluetooth with 8k miles on for same price but gotta love the colour looks fantastic.

Rich, it was the colour that really sold it to me! I realise it wasn't the best priced example and with fairly high miles but its been really well looked after, detailed regularly and serviced on the dot when required by BTM.