ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new used Clio 182

Shhh

Quote: Originally posted by dailyd on 24 December 2004

Dont be put off AliasOmega, you were chuffed with your first few posts, try and keep that feeling as long as you can, I know it would take a lot more than the stig driving it to put me off.
I was well happy with the car and the deal i did get. I not seen the 182 before i come across it in the showroom so i was not buying it because someone else has one. I liked it, and i liked the impreza. I then took both out on a test drive and the subaru was more powerful but i thought the clio would be more practical and fun as not as much to run. I then take pictures of the car, and put them up here. People point out that the splitter is missing which i would of completely missed. Now im told that it looks like a motorshow car, or a test car. Im a little unhappy as i cant be for certain where the car has come from. To be used on a track with its plate it needs to be registered to someone, so maybe ill find out when its registered as i can contact the previous owner to find about it. Maybe it is a track car, or a motorshow model, maybe the previous owner wanted it too look like that hence the fitment of the spolier packs, and the stripes then the stickers on the sides. Only way to find out could be to email Top Gear asking them for the reg, or unless someone wants to review all the Top Gear footage they have to find the reg plate...

Well I think its really smart and you got a good deal, those stickers on the side are a bit OTT but you can soon take them off. As for the front splitter its not a big deal you can always buy one a few months down the line. I got my used 182 without the spoiler pack and thats my intention!

Nice motor mate, enjoy it... only had mine a week and it gives me a smile as i get in, when I drive it, and when i get out :) No rattles yet (well, when the roads smooth anyway lol).

black golf v6 4 motion

you are from the north east then coz i bought my 182 from that same garage reg vardy sunderland?

plus nice car mate enjoy
[Edited by geordieclio on 24 December 2004 at 6:25pm]

its not the motorshow one , if you compare the picture you will see the stripes finish in a different location on the bonnet front, and the side stickers are a little further forward on one of them, dont be put off, its a nice looking car, and its a good price for a dealer

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member

even if it has been thrashed but you like the way it drives dont worry about it you have got the warrenty on it.

as for the front spoiler if the dealer wont fit one and supply one get in touch with renault uk and tell them that the dealer is selling you a used car with cup packs but the front spoiler is not fitted and they did not inform you that it is missing and it is sold as seen and you only found out when you put a pic up on here

BTW nice car

Looks to me like the cup packs were retro-fitted. The stripes dont follow onto the rear spoiler.

Great looking car though regardless. Unless its been in a pile-up I wouldnt worry, as itll drive great and give you years of pleasure :)

Suzuki SV650

Its a nice car mate, get that splitter on, leave the rest of the stuff on, hell you bought it with it all on so you must like it, why take it off!?

Merry Christmas :)

Shhh

Quote: Originally posted by M.C.. on 24 December 2004

as for the front spoiler if the dealer wont fit one and supply one get in touch with renault uk and tell them that the dealer is selling you a used car with cup packs but the front spoiler is not fitted and they did not inform you that it is missing and it is sold as seen and you only found out when you put a pic up on here
I dont think renault uk would care as its not a new car, so its up to me & the dealer. I think they would say that as the spoiker is extra, they cannot do anything about it. Ill just foot the bill myself and that will be the end of it.

Im gonna leave the stickers till they peel off in the car wash

black golf v6 4 motion

dot use a car wash ffs it will damage the shiny paint work i would get the dealer to put the splitter on matey

Well done mate.

You took the plunge after all then.

Thought you wasnt in the market just yet?

Still, im sure you wont be disappointed.

Shhh

Could not refuse a good deal, managed to work the figures by taking £7500 loan, £7k for the car, £500 from the loan and £300 from o/d to consolodate the existing loan. Thinking about selling the bike as its unused, so anyone interested looking for about £1300.

Cant wait too pick the car up, but a little upset about the mistakes found already, gonna have fun learning about all the different systems fitted now, the traction control looks weird, and the cruise control has got me already..

Works out im only about £600 down on making the deal now, than in a few months...still paying the same out each month with the insurance increase so not a bad deal after all..

Dont be upset, it is only the splitter after all, im sure you will pick one up cheap in a few months if want to, why be upset when you got it for good price

Very nice looking cars, looking at that colour with the stripes makes me wish i went for that colour.

Scruffy blue 182

Strange thing here....The previous owner of this car must have bought another one exactly the same! It used to live around the corner from me, I thought the stickers had been removed, but Ive just realised its a new car altogether!

Shhh

Quote: Originally posted by PeteB on 26 December 2004

Strange thing here....The previous owner of this car must have bought another one exactly the same! It used to live around the corner from me, I thought the stickers had been removed, but Ive just realised its a new car altogether!
Can you expand on where your from.? I think they did alot of cars like this, so why would the car owner get rid of this one to buy another the same colour. Im up in the northeast, be greatful if you could give me the first 2 letters of the reg, then i would know for sure. These stickers could have been added by the dealer due to the car not selling or something, maybe their hiding some bodywork damage or something.

Scruffy blue 182

Im from Jarrow. The car is defo the same one as I remember the reg ended in KXX. I just think its strange that someone would have the car for a couple of months and then replace it with one _exactly_ the same, only without the door stickers.

Thats the one they used on Top Gear. The stig thrashed it around the track. Ill cut out teh lap and post it up tonight when i get home. Its got the wishlist and all (not too common id say)

Shhh

Quote: Originally posted by andy_leitch on 27 December 2004

Thats the one they used on Top Gear. The stig thrashed it around the track. Ill cut out teh lap and post it up tonight when i get home. Its got the wishlist and all (not too common id say)
Can you back it up with proof as im a little spoofed here...give us the first 2 letters of its reg as i left them off the pictures listed here. If it is so, let us know the article issue number and ill see if i can purchase one to keep with the car. Could even scan it up...

Whats a wishlist too...someone gotta know the program number or its gonna be on a video somewhere.

Maybe a selling point...Proven ?secs around the track...:)
]

CLIO 197 Ultra red

ive seen afew racing blue with door stickers in the northeast. theres one in benfield newcastle.

its not the one that was on top gear if andy_leitch had read the rest of the post he will see its a different reg, dont get put off by everybody, and how did someone remember the last 3 digits of a car ?????

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by PeteB on 27 December 2004
Im from Jarrow. The car is defo the same one as I remember the reg ended in KXX. I just think its strange that someone would have the car for a couple of months and then replace it with one _exactly_ the same, only without the door stickers.

Thats not strange. If you can get a good deal on F & F you can swap your 6 month old 182 for a new one. Im thinking of doing it in the new year if the deals are good. That way it wont cost me. Ill get the colour as Ive got.