ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new watch :D

BMW X5

I jus bought one too.....

Hmmm, £775, oh well- only money!

Dave

[Edited by dwj100uni on 04 March 2005 at 6:40pm]

BMW X5

Thanks...

Yea well, been buying fakes for years and just thought one day, why not jus get the real thing and keep it forever rather than buying one a year?

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer

my girfreind is gettin a gucci watch soon for £1500 i think its just plain fooking crazy. mine was only £125

BMW X5

Quote: Originally posted by midge on 04 March 2005

£775 on a watch, more money than sence mate..
Some might say, but its a once in a lifetime purchase.

Unlike a car where u will change it and loose thousands ill keep this 4eva (hopefully!).

Thanks peeps

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Quote: Originally posted by clio__chris on 04 March 2005

fookin hell guys

i call a £50 watch expensive!!
Same here! I can appreciate a nice watch but I could never spend this kind of money on one

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 04 March 2005

this one is the same as mine, but mine has a black face

http://i11.ebayimg.com/01/i/03/61/0f/e5_1.JPG

how much was that 3k? i had a look at a few brietlings and they were just too dear. i went for an omega seamaster for me 21st £825. nice watch tho mate, i think if you love watches then spending £800 or so quid is in no way a waste of money!

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by J_rt on 04 March 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 04 March 2005

this one is the same as mine, but mine has a black face

http://i11.ebayimg.com/01/i/03/61/0f/e5_1.JPG

how much was that 3k? i had a look at a few brietlings and they were just too dear. i went for an omega seamaster for me 21st £825. nice watch tho mate, i think if you love watches then spending £800 or so quid is in no way a waste of money!
erm yeah, you guessed right

MKIII 138

hehe my real watch is a bit nicer although the most id spend would be £80 on a watch and get something that looked expensive rather than was as they all pretty much do the same thing.

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

My dad has an amazing collection of watches, to me a watch is a watch, If i had to guess how much he has spent on watches lets say he could sell them and buy me my v6(S)! One in red and one in black he he

But people say u can tell alot about a man by his watch? :confused:

ITR UKDC2

^^^^well in the news a year ago a guy was drunk and set the alarm off. cost like £15,000 call out.

but on the other hand i dont know if you remeber those 2 pilots that crash landed at the north pole. they both had the Breitling Emergency watch and they were saved thanks to the SOS sent out by it. AMAZING!

i really like them would rather have one of those then a Rolex.

Quote: Originally posted by Big G on 05 March 2005

I have the James Bond Omega Seamaster.

http://www.aoth56.dsl.pipex.com/007.jpg

For that Breitling Emergency, afaik you need to sign some documents or something to say yourre responsible for recovery/rescue costs?

Imagine your mate gets hold of it in the pub.
Good choice, me too!

Think youre right about the Breitling, id be too worried about accidently setting it off!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

i have a watch fettish, spent far to much and have far to many, some are in a safe at the bank that my mother conviscated off of me lol, im wanting a jacob & co watch next ...

Nippy white cup

A friend of Nics got a watch of his very rich girlfriend and Im sure it was about 7k!!!!??? She said it looked like a lego watch lol and a few celebs have the same one.....Mad! I just look at my mobile hehe

Chris

Nippy white cup

Quote: Originally posted by MaLicE on 05 March 2005

i have a watch fettish, spent far to much and have far to many, some are in a safe at the bank that my mother conviscated off of me lol, im wanting a jacob & co watch next ...
I think thats the one m8....bright coloured squares or something.

Chris

Mini Cooper S sport

I just fail to see the point in spending hundreds/thousands on a watch unless you are a millionaire and its small change.

As has already been said, why does someone who spends 3 thousand pounds on something which tells the time, drive a Clio? I dont understand..

Yes, theyre nice watches, but Im quite happy with my £30 watch. Im not rich and dont want to show off - its waterproof and tells the time - job done.

I remember last time there was a thread like this on off-topic, it got really nasty :confused:.