ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new Wheels arrive ... help

Vaux Astra VXR Arden Blue
Ok... Bought new wheels they are 17 inch ones.

Problem is, the car will need tobe lowered by about 60mm.

Cant afore Springs and SHoks at the mo, but i coudl afford jst springs.

So do i do it on the cheap then replace the lot when i can afford it.

Put them on without lowering until i can afford

Orrr leave them off till i can afford the lot cause it will look tractor like hah

Vaux Astra VXR Arden Blue
Plus the 40mm is jst as expensive as the 60mm well for apex.
If i lower it 60 i wont get people in the back righ t?

V6
save up and buy shocks and springs if ur going 60mm i wud say :). ive lowerd mine 60mm on uprated shocks on 17s and can take two peeps in bk no problems.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
I wouldn't go as far as 60mm on just springs myself... Personally, I'd save and do it properly, but only 40mm. But that's just me :)

Dan

80MPG BEEZA
i dropped my 60mm just on springs and its fine had them on for almost 3 years now no probs

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
I lowered my clio 40mm on 17's, springs only. K-tec said 45mm on springs only is fine. 60 might be ok as others say they have done it without probs. Below is pic of my old car on Eibach Sportslines from k-tec. Adverised as -45mm, box said -50mm...when fitted the front was -25mm and rear -30mm.
02.jpg

M

mini-valver

Coilovers are a different set-up to shocks and springs. Unless you spend mega money on them, the damping is piss poor as they let you go uber low where-as a Koni shock/spring combo will perform LOADS better than coilovers of the same price.

Just buy springs then dampers when you can afford, only takes an hour to swap front dampers, half hour for the back