ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new wheels...will they fit :s

koi

Audi S1
Hiya,

Just won these bad boys on ebay :approve:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
aa_1_sbl.jpg
[/FONT]

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110006452817&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:UK:11

Only thing is I think they might be too wide!! They are 215/40/16 and my standard ones are only 185/55/15, will these be able to fit and will I need spacers?[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

If they do there will be a set of dynamique alloys for sale :rasp:

Cheers

[/FONT]

koi

Audi S1
Yeah got a bargain there, just hope the pics are accurate. The guy said they were OZ Super Legerras but to me they look like the Super T's? Doesn't matter anyway, I'm happy :D

Don't know the offset but will find out when I give them a call tomorrow, fingers crossed they will fit.

2004 Clio 182
your right there not superleggeras, could be a good chance to ask for a few quid off when they arrive. :p

Looks like you got a good deal though. I hope they are in as good condition when they arrive

Monaco Blue Mk2
Wont be too wide, I have 215 on mine and lowered aswel. Only problem may be the offset as it's not stated.

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
You bought wheels without knowing the offset and without a picture of the actual alloys?lol. Hope the guy is good for his word..

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
NIce wheels mate. They are indeed Super turismos.(IF that is the correct pic). I have them on mine, and as the guys have said, as long they are the right offset they should fit straight on. As Dubai182 says, I really do hope they are what the advert says they are, as those pics are not of legerras!

I paid £517 for mine 'without' tyres, so if they are in good condition like the pics show you indeed got a bargain!

Monaco Blue Mk2
Saner said:
he can always put spacers on.. like i have :eek:

Didn't know you had spacers saner, that coz of the 215's? What problems were you having? Mine have been fine, only place they have rubbed is the passenger side rear inner arch liner, by the exhaust, I just cut it away to stop it.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
I haven'y had any rubbing o the rear, just on teh arches up front where its worn the metal and plastic away on hard cornering.

I've only just put the spacers on to bring teh offset back to how it was with the 14's on, and I have less rubbing, but its still there!

koi

Audi S1
Yeah was a last minute bid and to be honest I didn't think I would win them! Phoned the guys today, the ad was wrong and it is the Super Turismo's in the pic and the offset is et38. So should fit straight on as its within the 35-42.

Have been told I will get them tomorrow so hope they are in good nick, the guy has soild feedback so not too worried about that anyway.

Pics to follow...

Monaco Blue Mk2
^ All worked out well then.

Saner. Hmm, not noticed any rubbing on mine. Where abouts in the arch? I'll have to keep an eye on this. How do the tyres hold up with the rubbing? You know what the original offset is and are the Turinis 38.5 iirc?

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Blue4Ever said:
Saner. Hmm, not noticed any rubbing on mine. Where abouts in the arch? I'll have to keep an eye on this. How do the tyres hold up with the rubbing? You know what the original offset is and are the Turinis 38.5 iirc?

yup Turinis are 38.5, think my previous wheels were 36, and my spacers now give me 35 iirc.

on passenger arch theres a bump for where the battery, etc is located in the bonnet, tahts worn to bare metal, i've also gone through the arch plastic in both arches but I can't remember exactly where. But as i said the is only on sharp cornering at speed or with harsh braking, most of teh time it only occours on track days

koi

Audi S1
Thats what I call good service, my new wheels arrived today!

My bro checked over them and they look massive next to his Clio, but then he does have 14" steelies... Now I just need to wait till the weekend to take them down to the garage to get them to check and balance them.

Next question is, how much do I lower it by?

koi

Audi S1
Some pics of them fitted...

Clio-07.gif

Clio-04.gif

Thinking about getting them refurbed in gun metal cause 2 of the wheels are starting to flake. Good colour choice?

Octy vRS & Ninja 650
Gunmetal should look good! Deffo get it lowered, perhaps 40mm? I think 60 will be too much, and my 30mm was never enough on my old clio i thought.

koi

Audi S1
Thanks for the ps, looks good :)

Got quoted £32 per wheel for the refurb by Recoat, which I think is the going rate. Think my credit card is going to melt so going to have to go for the poor boys refurb for now and not wash the wheels to get the dark look!

Last edited:

koi

Audi S1
Got some free time on your hands then patty :rasp:

Not sure about the colour coding, like how it breaks it up and think it will tie in better with the dark wheels.

What happened to my door handles? Like the delocked look but think it will end up being more trouble than it's worth tbh.

ep2
colour code it maty and lower the b*tch 40mm, i lowerd my 35mm, not lower enough goin to lower 40mm to be perfect.

koi

Audi S1
leo529 said:
colour code it maty and lower the b*tch 40mm, i lowerd my 35mm, not lower enough goin to lower 40mm to be perfect.

Did you lower with just springs? Got any pics?