ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Non Sport Clio (pic heavy!)

JJT

1.4 16v Dynamique+
Didnt really want to start a thread in this section about this as i feel my 'project' is very inferior to some of the other major projects that are in this section and that i admire but as its an ongoing thing though i would anyway!

Used to own a MK1 1.2 8v, was my first car so enjoyed the freedom and all that and did really like it-hadnt experienced anything else so couldn't compare, anyway came across this forum one day and was inspired by some of the very nice clios on here. It made me want to invest in a newer car which i would be more comfortable spending a bit of money on. Anyway ended up going for a MK2 PH2 1.4 16v dynamique+ which i picked up for a price i was really happy with. Wanted something with a bit more grunt than the 1.2 engines and with there not being much difference between a 1.4 and 1.6 decided on this one for insurance and running cost etc.

This is how it came as standard. Pretty good condition, few marks on the paintwork but nothing a decent polish wouldn't sort.

Sorry for the picture quality, left my camera at uni the only weekend i really wanted it!!!:mad:

IMAGE_034.jpg

IMAGE_037.jpg

Had a few modifications in mind, didnt want to go over the top just wanted to make the car different from the masses. Also at the moment dont think ill be going for an RS rep. Dont want to be a sheep.

Ordered some bit of the internet and others off here, was like christmas when they arrived!
IMAGE_051.jpg

IMAGE_052.jpg

Also ordered (forgot to take photos)
-RS Grille
-Smaller aerial
-Clear side repeaters
-Silvervisions

Fitted all of the items at once last weekend so got a few before and afters....

Speakers-didnt take a 'before shot' but the standard speakers looked shocking! tweaters fitted in original dash position...
IMAGE_053-1.jpg

Next was springs! - using the guides on here!
Old Rears
IMAGE_054.jpg

New Sportlines:D
IMAGE_056.jpg

Difference
IMAGE_055.jpg

Fronts going in
IMAGE_064.jpg

IMAGE_065.jpg

Wheels cleaned while off, where embarrassingly dirty!
Before
IMAGE_062.jpg

After-still could be cleaner, was in a rush to get the car back on the ground!
IMAGE_066.jpg

Cleaned the arches all round
Before
IMAGE_057.jpg

IMAGE_058.jpg

After
IMAGE_059.jpg

IMAGE_060.jpg

Once down took some overall shots and cleaned
Before
P080509_193801.jpg

After
IMAGE_068.jpg

Before
P080509_1939.jpg

After
IMAGE_069.jpg

Few others...
IMAGE_067.jpg

IMAGE_070.jpg

Notice the RS Grille, Side repeaters, Silvervisions and Aerial;)

Am so so happy with the difference, is unbelievable how much of an improvement the Eibachs are!:D
Still need to be bedded in a bit so guess might even sit a tad lower which would be nice but very happy how it is now.

Next few mods planned are:
-Colour Code all round
-Some kind of subtle exhaust
-Refurb and fit some OZ F1s ive got sitting in the shed.

Cheers for reading:approve:

05 1.4 16v clio
Hi mate, looks good after those mods. I've basically got the same car as you and I was wondering what the ride is like with the sportlines on?

Also I noticed you are from sunny tunny wells, whereabouts?

Cheers

JJT

1.4 16v Dynamique+
Hi mate, looks good after those mods. I've basically got the same car as you and I was wondering what the ride is like with the sportlines on?

Also I noticed you are from sunny tunny wells, whereabouts?

Cheers

The difference is very noticeable, as soon as i drove down the road the car felt more planted and stable. Body roll has been reduced a lot as it was very poor before and it takes corners sooo much better. They are also suprisingly comfortable! just did a 200mile trip back up to uni and wasnt uncomfortable at all!

im from the northern end of t wells, anear st johns road and all the schools...