ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my other project

53 Clio's & counting
i got this for free,still taxed and tested,a mk3 golf gti 2.0 16v,just wouldnt start

DSC00781.jpg

sounded like the starter wasnt engaging,till i noticed the alternator spinning..............no compression,so off with the filler cap,no cam movement,took the belt cover off and its stripped all the teeth of the bottom of what looks to be the original belt lol

so with cries of 'off with its head!' 2 hours later and hello bent valves:

DSC00780.jpg

so as i work for vw il be ordering some new valves tommorow then lol

hopefully have it running by next weekend

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
not bad for free, tidy that up a bit and im sure it could be worth a reasonable amount.

whats the mileage? about 120k?

Civic Vtec y0
For free you cant complain, mileage sounds average for a Golf gti

Really like these cars, with a good clean up im sure you could have it looking good

53 Clio's & counting
not sure yet,one idea was sl@g it,but to be fair as there wasnt that many sold i think i will clean it right up,use to for a few months to check everythings ok then sell her,what ya think?

visualize whirled pe
Great! At least it looks like you know your way around an engine.

Maybe you should keep it for a few months and see how you get on before you sell it, I wouldn't strip / track it though. A couple of coats of wax will have it looking great too.

53 Clio's & counting
cheers Daz! u should have a pm bk bud

cheers rich,def will run it for a bit to check she all ok,might even keep her if i dont get any decent offers for her and use it as a daily hack type thing?