ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My "other" project

E39 M5 & Corsa track
Just thought i'd put a few pics up of my other toy...

Started life as a 1.4 16v corsa sport, however i soon got bored and fitted a 140bhp 1.6 16v engine:

br4.jpg

this was how it stayed for a while, however i still hankered for some more, so here started my relationship with Jamie of JAMsport, originally i was just going to be fitting throttle bodies and gotech mfi pro, however we decided to try some newman 288 duration cams aswell....

dsc00030.jpg

the result:

190bhp_002.jpg

190bhp, not bad for a 1.6!

this was all good for a while, however after 11months of use and one fateful moment at craner curves this happened:

000_0641.jpg

000_0641.jpg

after a day or so parts were ordered to get it up and running again, spec list includes the following:

Pace dry sump kit
DK Engineering steel crank
Sainz H section rods
Woosner forged pistons with deeped valve cut outs
Broddled block
JAM-sport ported head
Newman cams to suit 10500rpm limit
stainless 1 piece valves
BTB 4-2-1 manifold
electric water pump
pedal box
lots of earls fittings
prolite 350 fuel line

along with a few bits form the old engine:
Jenvey 45mm taper throttle bodies
quaiffe atb

the block:
DSC00195.jpg

the bits:
engine_build_014.jpg

BMW m3 individual coils so i can run full sequential ignition:
dsc00505.jpg

the engine:
P1020527.jpg

the car:
P1020464.jpg

P1020466.jpg

P1020475.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0031.JPG

how heavy is it:
DSC00518.jpg

any way thats it really

we hope to see 230-240bhp from it with the 10500rpm rev limit.... should be interesting!

recently MOT'd and being run in!

LY 182
that thing is a fcuking weapon! vaux lumps are so tunable always had a soft spot for them!
what have you got the limit set at then?

E39 M5 & Corsa track
its being run in at the moment so only mapped it to 5k, not had much time to put any miles on it, but will be 10500 when complete so itll scream!

53 Clio's & counting
lol fair play chap!

whats your view on the handling? iv driven a few modded corsa's and done thousands of miles in the g/f's and i find them very skittish, cant imagine what they must be like with even less weight!

E39 M5 & Corsa track
forgot to mention that bit....
jamsport020208_001.jpg

bilstein pss9 kit
compbrake adjustable top mounts
uprated front and rear anti roll bars
atb diff

thye all help with the handling, with it all set up properly its awesome so much grip

Abarth 500
sweet........but just to point it out you have posted your reg number, full name and a picture of where you live....

E39 M5 & Corsa track
always been a vauxhall man at heart, when it was running in the 190bhp spec it was awesome on track, then it went bang, and i spent a little bit more than i antisapated and went crazy with the plasma....

some times i wish i had the clio sooner and spent on that......

Golf R soon...
Flippin hell that would take off if it had wings lol

Fair play, looks like a proper weapon that!

ValverInBits
lovely stuff. And what a rev limit!

What made you go for the corsa in particular? just working with what you had or anything special?

E39 M5 & Corsa track
had the car for 6 years now, when i got it it was a good car 1.4 16v electric everything and decent looking whilst still affordable, then fitting the x16xe engine into it, a very tunable 1.6 engine.

Qashcow
usually not a keen fan of corsa's but this is a proper one, would not want to meet in on track!!

Turbo Beige
Ive been watching your build thread on corsasport for a while!!

Love the car, but have to agree with the comments about the Corsa's handling. I drove my friends around the ring and it scared the s**t out of me, stupidly lively rear end!!

TTRS & V50
Looks a good'un that.

My mate had a tigra engine put in to his red corsa by you lot, he's from daventry, but exterior wise its sheded from the scallywags.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
So is that the 1600cc GSi lump thats replaced the 1400?

I like it but id like to have seen the talent expressed on a Pulsar.