ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Primer Coloured Fiat 500

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
lovely motor chap, cracking choice but still not happy you sold the clio ;)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Love it!

Proper guilty pleasure of mine these, trying to get my mum to buy one next year.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Fantastic Luke. I have to agree on the guilty pleasure, I've always been fond of the Abarth's. Especially in this colour too.

182cup & 172 racecar
I thrashed one of these around Donington for a fair few laps, I really did enjoy it, it was great fun.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Cheers gents. Lol at guilty pleasure.

I thrashed one of these around Donington for a fair few laps, I really did enjoy it, it was great fun.

It seems to handle really well, surprisingly, although on bumpier surfaces it feels far more nervous than my Trophy ever did. Fun though!

Looks s**t

You're s**t

My balls. Your mouth.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
do you find the hazards annoying when braking anywhere near what would be called hard....so far I don't think anyone has found a way to turn them off.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
SO MUCH WANT.

HI!

do you find the hazards annoying when braking anywhere near what would be called hard....so far I don't think anyone has found a way to turn them off.

To be honest mate, I've not driven it anywhere near hard enough to find out yet, lol. Either that, or I've not noticed.

Wheels are gash.

Finger banged anyone in it yet?

I like them personally, far nicer that the standard 16's imo. I would like some Esseesse ones, but they're pretty rare and pricey.

Not yet, but the leather should prove handy. Wipable, init.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
IMG_0256.png

Required.

Nice car mate and avoids any reference to it's a ladies car. If it handles anything like the Panda you must be giggling all the time. Would be interesting to see it in the flesh as it is in my fave colour.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Cheers chaps. I;m sure you'll see it soon enough Pete, I'll try to convince you to stick the engine in the Panda :D

Required.

Neeeeed. f**king pricey though. Pauper spec non-climate too;)

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
So, I've been browsing for coilovers as a potential 2013 purchase. Whilst doing so, I also decided to have a quick look at wheels. Now, I know they're done to death but they're light and look brilliant on the A500 IMO:

8237392709_06969e34be_h-1.jpg

Thoughts?

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Like. A lot. Get those alloys and some coilies bought ASAP.

Oh, and any sign of photos yet? Or you too busy blowing bears up with RPGs ;)

Flol! I'll get them up tonight dude.

Yeah, they're starting to be plans for next year really. Warrenty runs out in May, so before that I'm just going to look at a TMC box and that's about it. I was outbid on that one on eBay I was talking to you and Ryan about :dapprove:

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Wheels will be good but not in black, they just look like blobs in black.

I would go Spax personally, definitely suit the nose down stance!

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Sucks to be outbid. Good plans though, TMC box, wheels and coilies will make a lovely car even better. I was impressed with it when I took it for a little run out. You're right though, sport button must stay on permanently.

Just need to persuade you to track it at Llandow now...

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Wheels will be good but not in black, they just look like blobs in black.

I would go Spax personally, definitely suit the nose down stance!

I'm not really a fan of black wheels Ben, but I think they suit it well. Bright silver would look odd against campovolo, and white would be too much. Plus, a pain to keep clean, lol.

Sucks to be outbid. Good plans though, TMC box, wheels and coilies will make a lovely car even better. I was impressed with it when I took it for a little run out. You're right though, sport button must stay on permanently.

Just need to persuade you to track it at Llandow now...

Glad you like it mate! Yeah, I thought the sport button thing was a gimmick, but actually makes a huge difference. Feels broken with it off.

Tempting, but not tempting enough to make me want to! Lol.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Glad you think so, as you'd be fitting the coilovers xxx

Been looking at Bilstein and Spax. Spax are slightly more pricey but fully adjustable. Decisions!

Looking forward to it :)

Did you look at the konigsports?

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Been looking at Bilstein and Spax. Spax are slightly more pricey but fully adjustable. Decisions!

I'd have Bilstein/H&R over Spax everyday of the week personally. CS is the only forum where the latter is mentioned as anything other than the FSO Polenez of coilovers. I'd make the assumption that that is because they are cheap and fully adjustable for all of the race engineers on CS that do nothing but track days in their clios :quiet:

Pic above looks awesome btw, get it done so i can have a looky.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Well the offer to drive mine at Llandow still stands, if you're keen to make the trip. :)

Ps. You coming to the Longbridge Mill meet next Mon?

That would be awesome mate. I'll check the thread for dates now and give you a text.

I'll try to make Longbridge!

Looking forward to it :)

Did you look at the konigsports?

They don't make them for the 500 I don't think mate :(

Another opion would be adjustable koni's, which is the same set up as the later SS models. Apparently the ride quality is improved massively with these, so could be another option. The rear also sits a bit lower with them on, so combined with sportlines could be an option. That would make them as expensive as the Spax though, so unless I see a set going second hand I won't bother I don't think.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Yeah, I do love the B14's on Oli's Clio tbf. They're hard but not unconfortable. Currently, the damping on the rear of the 500 is very questionable; the main reason I've been looking at coilovers is to improve this actually. Since I don't track the car, I think fully adjustables would be wasted on me anyway.

Turini's could look awesome Ryan, yep - 4x98 iirc. Pricey in 17's though, double what the 1.2's are. Will do a 'shop anyway.

Petrol Blue 182.
Argh, 15' too small for the car?

Turinis would look great, but Turbines would look even better ;)

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Yeah, I do love the B14's on Oli's Clio tbf. They're hard but not unconfortable. Currently, the damping on the rear of the 500 is very questionable; the main reason I've been looking at coilovers is to improve this actually. Since I don't track the car, I think fully adjustables would be wasted on me anyway.

Turini's could look awesome Ryan, yep - 4x98 iirc. Pricey in 17's though, double what the 1.2's are. Will do a 'shop anyway.

Wobbly bolts?