ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Project MK1 (PIC HEAVY)

Mk1 Clio
Well i thought id do a big roundup of all the things ive done so far on my clio, although some pics are already loaded theyre not complete so heres everything ive done so far! And as usual pics are with a camera phone so are not the best quality, all comments welcome, cheers!

Well the first thing i did was a quick service nothing major and no pics obviousley but then i dropped it 55mm on the front and about 65mm on the rear:

Suspension out

Photo-0018.jpg

Apparently it takes 3 people to remove a spring:

Photo-0019.jpg

And heres how she sits:

IMG_0696.jpg

IMG_0704.jpg

I then decided to take out and re-spray my interior:

Interior out:

Photo-0059.jpg

Door cards sprayed and ready to re-fit

PIC_0013.jpg

PIC_0014.jpg

And finally it all back in:

Photo-0076.jpg

Photo-0063.jpg

Photo-0053.jpg

Photo-0052.jpg

Then i started my boot install by doing this to a drum:

Photo-0023-1.jpg

Photo-0024-1.jpg

Photo-0025-1.jpg

I then carpeted it and fitted it to the false floor i made and carpeted

Photo-0050-1.jpg

Photo-0049.jpg

Then stuck a whacking great 1000w 10" in it:

Photo-0079.jpg

Photo-0077.jpg

Then got some new french plates but no pics, and then got this for a birthday present:

Photo-0085.jpg

And thats it so far sorry for all the pics, oh n im thinking of these wheels n all:

IMG_0704-1.jpg

Also just put some fusion components in but no pics, and the next task is top end rebuild and cam service plus a few engine tidy bits, then new seats and thats it for now, till i have enough money for major body smoothing, wheels and a possible transplant, but ill keep u all posted, cheers for looking!!

Mk1 Clio
Ha yea i used to be a mechanic but i always try summet myself before letting someone else loose on ma baby lol, well see how i do rebuildin the top end!!

Mk1 Clio
Cant remember what springs, got them from Graham Goode, Gmax i think, nowt special and :

QUOTE:
leave it like that willy engine in it sus and breaks perfect.

I didnt quite understand that lol

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
Cant remember what springs, got them from Graham Goode, Gmax i think, nowt special and :

QUOTE:

lol sorry was rushing, leave the car looking like that. stick a williams engine in it with some suspension and new brakes and itll be pukka

Mk1 Clio

QUOTE:

lol sorry was rushing, leave the car looking like that. stick a williams engine in it with some suspension and new brakes and itll be pukka

AAAAA makes sense now ive read it again lol yea thats what i had in mind nothing too special williams enigine n maybe put it on throttle bodies or summet unless i win the lottery then id stick a volvo lump in it lol

and i was gna stick 5x7's in them but iv just done 6.5 inch components in the doors with tweeters above the front seat belt mounts, that with the uprated speakers in the dash gives a good clear all round sound.

Tungy

AAAAA makes sense now ive read it again lol yea thats what i had in mind nothing too special williams enigine n maybe put it on throttle bodies or summet unless i win the lottery then id stick a volvo lump in it lol

and i was gna stick 5x7's in them but iv just done 6.5 inch components in the doors with tweeters above the front seat belt mounts, that with the uprated speakers in the dash gives a good clear all round sound.

Nice work mate it looks good. But that makes no sense what so ever? A williams engine will set you back 4-500 quid and throttle bodies about 3-4 grand. So how s that cheaper than a volvo lump? :p

Mk1 Clio
Nice work mate it looks good. But that makes no sense what so ever? A williams engine will set you back 4-500 quid and throttle bodies about 3-4 grand. So how s that cheaper than a volvo lump? :p

Alrite then picky i didnt know lol, tbh im gna leave this as show n only a little go, not the best base to start from, maybe in a few years go down the 16v base n then maybe something intresting in the engine bay!!

Mk1 Clio
Loving the sub mate, looks top job ;)

Cheers mate im well chuffed with it, sounds the nuts too lol, Little update, for ages the starting has been hit and miss and finally the other day nothing but clicking on the key turn, so i took out this:

Photo-0003.jpg

Dirty broken starter

And put in this:

Photo-0002.jpg

Dirty working starter lol, starts like a champ now!

Oh n pay day next week so, colored badges, my buckets seats, and wheel re-furb.

Cheers!!

'97 mk1 ph2
The Sub is really clever! looks nice too! I like the suspension on the front wheels but would have personally had the back a little higher!

All together its a nice mota!

Mk1 Clio
Yea i did have the back abit higher to start off but had too much street lean, now the whole car's 13 cm of the ground at all four corners so looks nice and level all round! cheers for the nice comments tho!!!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
nice start mate.....will look sweet with a new parcel shelf...lol, you want some spare front indicators for another £5

you can then pop the orange filter out of them and have silvervisions, i did it to my valver and it made alot of difference

Mk1 Clio
Right then a little update, was looking for some 14" or 15" steels but no one seems to have n e around the leicester area so i thort id just re-furb my 13"s instead, so, started with this:

Photo-0007.jpg

Then after an hour all i ended up with was this lol:

Photo-0008.jpg

Photo-0009.jpg

So screw that! looks like im back on the look for some steelies, just want 14" or 15"s and they dont need tyres on them as il get them blasted cus with the tyre on its a nightmare to do yourself, the only real question is what finish do i put on them, matt black with a blue stipe or just white or black n yellow lol i have no idea any one wanna do a photoshop with a few different ideas of what to do with steelies, cheers all n sorry for not havin an xiting update lol!!!

IMG_0704.jpg

IMG_0696.jpg

Mk1 Clio
ha you got ats's on yours then! Dammit i hadnt seen any before lol, i think im just gna stay with steelies tbh but different ones lol!

Mk1 Clio
Re: My Project MK1 (PIC HEAVY) Small update

Well moneys been tiiight lately so just tidied a few bits up really

first of all this just got too much:

Photo-0024-2.jpg

So ground it all back to good metal n got filler happy then as it sits now in a few layers of primer:

Photo-0028.jpg

Photo-0029.jpg

And just picked this up and am currently in the process of smooooothing but il have a few more pics of that soon, sorry theres nothing exciting!!

Photo-0032-1.jpg

Craig.M

ClioSport Club Member
  Valver, Octavia vRS
hey im just wanted to know how you lowered the back because im plainning on lowering mines but just want to know how the would be done otherwise it would look stupid with a low nose and high back end.

Anyway your car looks quality.

Mk1 Clio
hey im just wanted to know how you lowered the back because im plainning on lowering mines but just want to know how the would be done otherwise it would look stupid with a low nose and high back end.

Just "popped" out the torsion bar lol a haynes max manual told me mate, its hard to explain tho, im better just doin it, but yea read the max haynes n that should help, my third time lowering a clio n it took bout 40 mins, soz if that dont help :quiet:

Craig.M

ClioSport Club Member
  Valver, Octavia vRS

Just "popped" out the torsion bar lol a haynes max manual told me mate, its hard to explain tho, im better just doin it, but yea read the max haynes n that should help, my third time lowering a clio n it took bout 40 mins, soz if that dont help :quiet:

ah right, cheers

R5gtt, 182, volvo...

it should be just like the 5 gtt.. just infront of your rear wheels your find black caps, pop off said caps off and you will see a splined bars inside.. this is your torsion bar, if you follow it the little bugger goes into another lump of metal under the middle of the car.. this is where each bar meets:cool:

get the car on axle stands, measure, whack the bar with something, i used a breaker bar, and after a while the torsion bar will work its way in (but out the other side).. set the height you like by lifting the rear arm and carefully slot/hit them back in.. remember not to damage the splines, they need to slot in cleanly, if you do damage them a loose hacksaw blade + time can sort it..

Mk1 Clio
Well a small update but an update none the less, K&N is now off and standard box is back on, and i got one of my gauges today, the other one is arriving next week woo! More pics when ive got um!!!

Photo-0037.jpg

Photo-0038.jpg

Photo-0039.jpg

Photo-0040.jpg

Cheers!!!

Mk1 Clio
Well heres my gauge pod all done with both gauges in:

Ignition off:

Photo-0104.jpg

Ignition on:

Photo-0111.jpg

Drivers view:

Photo-0109.jpg

And finally got some of these!!:

Photo-0113.jpg

Slight size difference:

Photo-0060.jpg

Just need some low profiles on it, does n e one know the lowest profile tyres u can get? at the moment the wheels dont even turn as the tyres rub on everything they possibly could do lol! More progress when i have more money, cheers!!!

1.8 8v RSi
lowest profile is like 195/30/15 but stupid for a road car and very expensive...
if you want alloys then i got an old school set of fox racing ones for £120 with 195/45/15 profile tyres(wont rub)all curbed though but with some metal filled sanded down and repainted black it will look good.not too far from you. and cars looking good

Mk1 Clio
Naaa im sticking with ma steelies mate, cheers for the offer, gna have um powder coated satin black and then have them pinstriped the same color as the body, so 195/45's wont rub being dropped 60?? cheeers!

Mk1 Clio
Another crappy update lol, got rid of this hunk a junk:

Photo-0116.jpg

And got this one lol :

Photo-0117.jpg

its just one from an rsi but im gna respray the metal bits and iv got a carbon centre piece on the way!!