ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my rust problems!

Monaco 172
ok i've now got a williams 2, owned it for a week and am now sorting the little nigles that it keeps throwing at me.

this being the main one!!!!

wheel002.jpg

not sure how bad this is? and how easy to fix?

passenger side is fine not a mark on it.

am near peterborough, anyone know anywhere?

Punto/Clio GTT
new sil section, bit of welding. not a big job really.

i dont think the sils are that expensive from renault, but if they are, just get universal ones from any automotive parts place, the sills you get you just cut down to whatever size you need.

Punto/Clio GTT
depends where you go.

normal backstreet garage would charge maybe £100-£150

renault would be closer to £500

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Ever wondered why some of them rot out on the sills?
usually its because the lights don't seal properly after someone has changed a blub and water gets into the car and collects under the carpets and begins the rusting process.
Thats why a drop of vaseline round the sealing part of the cluters is a gd idea.

Monaco 172
from what i can see, a previous owner has jacked it up just passed the jacking point - denting the sill and lifting the paint - thus causing a pocket for water and general crap!:mad:

so hopefully, garage to weld in new bit - bit of filler then some thick hamourite over the lot and some waxoil or the likes where ever i can spray the stuff!!!!!!

willy 2, v6 ph1, 5 turbo.
ya its bad jacking that causes this crushing up the sill lip just enough for salt water from roads to cause damage, over 12-13 years of salted roads wouldent help, i find after a small weld job on a car with rust compleatly gone , a good high build 2 pack primer works wonders to prevent future rust..

Monaco 172
ya its bad jacking that causes this crushing up the sill lip just enough for salt water from roads to cause damage, over 12-13 years of salted roads wouldent help, i find after a small weld job on a car with rust compleatly gone , a good high build 2 pack primer works wonders to prevent future rust..

:D :D :D :D :D :D
"TOP TIP NOTED!!!"
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: