ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my rx7 (a couple of pics)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
here are some pics of my rex as promised, pretty stock tbh, i love it though, got some toys planned for just after xmas taking it to around 350bhp :)

_DSC0022.jpg

_DSC0029-2.jpg

_DSC0031-2.jpg

_DSC0034.jpg

interior is a stupidly small place to be... there are rear seats behind the fronts which you cant see lol!

_DSC0036.jpg

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Steering wheel is awesome!
Nice car mate, personally hate the exhaust, but the rest looks mint.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Absolutely my favourite jap motor ever...

If only I could insure one :dapprove: I will own one one day though! Absolutely beautiful mate.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Steering wheel is awesome!
Nice car mate, personally hate the exhaust, but the rest looks mint.

i hate the exhaust also! dont worry it will be getting changed for a blitz nur spec, which looks more like this

carpictures012.jpg

interior has a couple bits to go in like white leather gear and handbrake gaiters and a kokuyama carbing gear knob, (im the only one in the uk to have one lol i checked :D ) and a couple more greddy gauges, then just after xmas will have apexi powerfc, filters, front mount and the nur spec with silenced mid section cos trust me they are to loud without a silenced mid section lol! then coil overs, wheels, and look at a 99 spec front bumper, 99 spec rear lights, despoiler... some feed skirts, and a rear diffuser i think thats about it for the outside except for a carbon oe bonnet and carbon light covers!

ha bash i spent a good 10 mins scrubbing the little light above the exhaust because it was covered in soot from the flames :)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Not my cup of tea at all, but it does look nice.

Need to see/hear some vids of it though!!

MASSIVE EDIT!!!!

^^^ That one there, B10 LUM, was the one I raced in my Evo. The noise it made was unreal! I had my window down and it nearly made my ears bleed!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Not my cup of tea at all, but it does look nice.

Need to see/hear some vids of it though!!

MASSIVE EDIT!!!!

^^^ That one there, B10 LUM, was the one I raced in my Evo. The noise it made was unreal! I had my window down and it nearly made my ears bleed!

i just googled for pics lol, i went in one the other day stupid power with a bridge ported engine and a 4" bore straight through exhaust, it hurt my ears so much! guy said his gf wears ear plugs in it as it hurts that much!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Love it, the rear seats were an option iirc (that's what I was told)

rear seats i think were just on weather they decided to chuck them in or not though i think all type r r1's like mine came with them, im gonna take them out and stick the mazda storage boxes in which look like this

CIMG8680.JPG

also want some of the type rz carbon kevlar seats like these...
2002_Mazda_RX7SpiritR4.jpg
but your looking well over 1k for second hand!

oh and revels im not getting rid of the steering wheel!

ValverInBits
lovely car.
How much are these to rebuild? Rotor tips i mean? Is it the kind of thing you'd attempt yourself?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
there are dvd's and online streaming vids on how to do it, and a fair few people do it themselfs, it does seem pretty easy, but tbh when it goes i will just get it done elsewhere, you need to take in to account housing damage etc and then you need to buy new ones, if the housing is ok, then rebuild with a street port is 1500 ish... that includes removal and fitting and remap after run in....

a full reubuild needing new housings rotors, shaft etc is around 3-4k...

mine had a rebuild not long ago and was a full rebuild, new housings and rotors...

gotta remember these engines burn oil as well as fuel, there is a pump that injects oil in to the housing to burn it, so if u run low on oil ur shagged... though tbh there is no excuse they run on mineral oil as synth clogs up the rotars, and 5l of mineral even at halfrauds is like 10 quid, so 10 quid every 3k miles is nothing tbh, keep an eye on coolant, and they are dead simple cars, change the plugs once a year, and use good fuel in it... 95 ron means det and rebuild time lol!

Amy

UR R26, Hyundai IX35
First rx7 to sway me. Usually hate them tbh!
Like the first pic especially.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Yours looks ok.Im not a massive fan but i love the way the dash wraps around the driver

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
i find it hard to understand why people dont like them lol i think the body shape and design is stunning! also the handling of the car is immense it has perfect 50:50 weight distribution, mid mounted engine, the suspension is stupidly well settup, ok its not economical but its fast and goes round corners better than most cars i have driven....

ahh well i know its not every ones cup of tea but i love it :) simple things on it like the door handles (inside and out) i think are cool, boot is f**king stupid but less said about that the better (my mums new mx5 can fit more in the boot!!) there are no pockets inside none in the doors and the glove box can fit 2 cd's in it lol there is a little "ash tray" behind the gear stick, looks pretty big, you open it and its half an inch deep and has an inch square opening lol its pathetic! drivers door card has a little pocket under the arm rest, but yet again, pretty pointless!

however its to drive not to store stuff in! it gets so many looks! more so than my 200 ever did!

Turbos.
Looks great. Personally i would want to keep it pretty stock, considering it is a Type R and not just a normal one. I'd defo get those seats, the carbon Recaros from the NSX-R are £3k each!

Being the loudest/lowest/fastest has already been done, i'd just have one in mint condition personally.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
i find it hard to understand why people dont like them lol i think the body shape and design is stunning! also the handling of the car is immense it has perfect 50:50 weight distribution, mid mounted engine, the suspension is stupidly well settup, ok its not economical but its fast and goes round corners better than most cars i have driven....

ahh well i know its not every ones cup of tea but i love it :) simple things on it like the door handles (inside and out) i think are cool, boot is f**king stupid but less said about that the better (my mums new mx5 can fit more in the boot!!) there are no pockets inside none in the doors and the glove box can fit 2 cd's in it lol there is a little "ash tray" behind the gear stick, looks pretty big, you open it and its half an inch deep and has an inch square opening lol its pathetic! drivers door card has a little pocket under the arm rest, but yet again, pretty pointless!

however its to drive not to store stuff in! it gets so many looks! more so than my 200 ever did!

I just find the car looks very ''1990s macho man'' ish. Just don't like the look, the image... anything really! lol

Its good we all have different tastes though, its what makes the world go round.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Looks great. Personally i would want to keep it pretty stock, considering it is a Type R and not just a normal one. I'd defo get those seats, the carbon Recaros from the NSX-R are £3k each!

Being the loudest/lowest/fastest has already been done, i'd just have one in mint condition personally.

yeh tbh if i do any body work it would just be a 99spec front bumper and feed skirts which are just some small flat under sill skirts... with some nice wheels...

the nsx recaro's are the same as the rx7 ones, really nice... so if u wanna loose the ones in your nsx u know where to donate them too lol!

i dont want it loud hence the silenced midpipe but do want some tasty engine mods to make it a bit quicker! 350-400bhp would be nice!

but only going for high end parts, im gonna be a propper badge ***** on this car :)

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Very good to drive handling wise, although I know quite a few people who don't like the how the engine 'drives' compared to a normal piston engine.

Pretty light for what they are as well I think, I'd like one as a toy :)

See a few round here, a mate bro used to work with the guy who runs that Dragon performance place.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Very good to drive handling wise, although I know quite a few people who don't like the how the engine 'drives' compared to a normal piston engine.

Pretty light for what they are as well I think, I'd like one as a toy :)

See a few round here, a mate bro used to work with the guy who runs that Dragon performance place.

dragon performance's rex they use for drags is MAD! inlet on the turbo is bigger than a cd lol!

yeh its a much different drive! i kept forgetting how far it revs, and how comfortably it will sit at 5k and not get bothered, i was shifting at 5k as it sounded right, then you realise you have 8.5k to play with lol, tbh on the stock twins it tails off power wise just after 7k but god it screams!

Turbos.
  ur megane r26
mate i love these, they are like my childhood fantasy cars, i will have one before i die, love the fact they are only 1.3's lol

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Mint mate,

just showed my mate too, he currently has an integra type r but has his rx7 on order... its due in next week ti this country, then he can pick it up in a few weeks. Already running 350bhp he cannot wait! lol