ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Second Clio - 1.4 Dynamique

Liquid Yellow R27
Got my second Clio the other week after the head gasket went on my previous, older clio. Didn't bother to fix it as it would have cost more than the car was worth. Anyway, here is what I've done so far:

Exterior
- Black clio badge
- Carbon fibre vinyl on the diamond (front)
- Aero flat wiper blades
- Black aluminium short aerial
- Pressed metal numberplates

Interior
- Carbon fibre vinyl (hazard light panel & dashboard strips)
- Pioneer head unit
- Front & back Alpine speakers
- Subwoofer

Looking for suggestions of what to do as I'm a bit of a n00b when it comes to cars, but slowly getting into this expensive hobby.

Some pictures below... some of which were taken before a few of the things listed above were done to it.

dsc03620l.jpg

dsc03625a.jpg

dsc03638l.jpg

dsc03627k.jpg

I'm thinking of going for a silver / black colour scheme. What do you guys think? Suggestions?! :D

-Sports grill
-Colour code side strips, bumpers.
-Silvervision indicator bulbs? (Look silver, flash orange)

Also, I'd recommend getting white side lights (smd), looks 100x better at night, along with a white number plate bulb. I can get you ebay links if you need them :), think the sidelights are about £1 ridiculously good and cheap, I bought two sets at that price, doesn't matter if they break then, even though im sure they wont. You can use the spare set on your interior lights (roof/map) :)

I must say that looks a really clean version you have picked up, doesn't look to be any scratches etc :)

Did you carbon vinyl the inside yourself? (The dashstrip above the glove box and round the hazard switch)

Liquid Yellow R27
-Sports grill
-Colour code side strips, bumpers.
-Silvervision indicator bulbs? (Look silver, flash orange)

Also, I'd recommend getting white side lights (smd), looks 100x better at night, along with a white number plate bulb. I can get you ebay links if you need them :), think the sidelights are about £1 ridiculously good and cheap, I bought two sets at that price, doesn't matter if they break then, even though im sure they wont. You can use the spare set on your interior lights (roof/map) :)

I must say that looks a really clean version you have picked up, doesn't look to be any scratches etc :)

Did you carbon vinyl the inside yourself? (The dashstrip above the glove box and round the hazard switch)

Thanks mate. If you could grab us a few eBay links I'd really appreciate that. It's in pretty good condition to be fair, it has a few small dents here and there. It also has a few scratches on the roof between the sunroof and windscreen as if somebody decided to have some fun with a key, which is strange, but hopefully it will t-cut out. I failed to notice it until I brought it, but ah well. There's also a scratch going down the right front light casing and slightly onto the paint work, but it's hardly noticeable really.

Yeah, I did the carbon vinyl myself. I realise I put the vinyl on the opposite way to the other strips, not sure if I should change it or leave it though.

Liquid Yellow R27
Defo change that mate, doesnt look bad but now you mentioned it i would change the middle :)
Yeah, I probably will change it to be fair. It drives the girlfriend mad as well having it the opposite way to the rest lol :)

Looks good mate! I can get a pic of those wheels sprayed black on that colour if you want?
That would be great if you could mate. Would love to see what looks best out of black and a gun metal grey.

Liquid Yellow R27
It's still a bit light in the picture sorry, so you can't see the number plate light too great.

Couldn't find the seller I got my sidelights from, but these are the same (8SMD)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-X-Car-8-LED...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4aaa49a9a3
View attachment 56743

And the number plate light is this:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380304694911
View attachment 56744

Going to try and carbon some stuff on mine soon, and my grill is on the way :)

Awesome mate, they look good. Thanks for the links, I think I will have to invest in some of those. :approve:

Liquid Yellow R27
Bit of an update on a few exterior parts I've done / put on.

Carbon vinyl front renault diamond badge (Sorry about the dead flies)
dsc04256d.jpg

Black tinted wind deflectors
dsc04259.jpg

Black clio badge
dsc04258y.jpg

I've ordered some LED Lights thanks to the help of Fresh88 linking me to the items on eBay. I'm hoping to spray the alloys at some point, but not sure on whether to do them black or a gun metal grey. Also going to colour code the side strips hopefully. Might spray them if I can't find any to buy. If anyone knows of any being sold in my colour, let me know.

mk2 ph1 1.4 S
My mate has basically the same car... Painted tge wheels black with yellow diamonds will try get some photos for ye ;)

Liquid Yellow R27
Carbon fibre vinyl bullets
(I did these myself so they're not spot on around the numbers. Not sure whether to keep them on or do something different with them.)

photo4ai.jpg

photo2gk.jpg

Opinions / suggestions please guys :)

MK5 Fiesta Zetec S
Project going great, good work with the carbon wrapping too! I'll follow this project closely! Keep us updated and keep in touch with pm's you goin to FCS?

Liquid Yellow R27
Project going great, good work with the carbon wrapping too! I'll follow this project closely! Keep us updated and keep in touch with pm's you goin to FCS?

Thanks mate! I certainly will do. When and where is the FCS this year? Not been to it before..

2014 Clio 200t edc
Great going on this, looking good!! Sport grille will do it no end of good!!
Nice carbon bits, fancy doing my interior bits?? ;)

Liquid Yellow R27
Sprayed the side repeaters with a light coat of black paint

dsc04281q.jpg

dsc04282tx.jpg

dsc04283zp.jpg

dsc04284oy.jpg

Also started spraying a few other bits including engine cover and pillars. Pictures will be up tomorrow when it's all done. ;)

Liquid Yellow R27
Sprayed the engine cover in a gloss black and the bits showing through in a silver.

The spraying has started.... :D
dsc04279o.jpg

Original engine cover
dsc04275h.jpg

Sprayed with grey primer
dsc04276mt.jpg

Sprayed with gloss black paint
dsc04280iz.jpg

Sprayed the bits under the engine cover in silver
dsc04290s.jpg

What it looked like after removing the towels around it
dsc04295q.jpg

Popped the engine cover back on and here's the finished result.
dsc04297r.jpg

dsc04298.jpg

Going to give all the car a proper good clean at some point including in and around the engine. Get rid of the crap on all the bits that have probably never been cleaned. :)

Liquid Yellow R27
Cliosport membership pack came through the post today. Absolutely love it! I've put the tax disc in the car no problem. I didn't put the sticker on straight though, so will probably just take it off and order an external sticker along with a few side stickers for the rear windows.

Will post pictures when it's all sorted. :)

Liquid Yellow R27
What colour should I get the alloys sprayed? (Was thinking either black or a gun metal grey!?)

Should I get rear windows tinted? (Wouldn't get them to dark though)

Side strips (Gloss black or body coloured?)

Opinions please... would be appreciated! :D
I have my own ideas but just wanted to see what you guys thought.

Thanks in advance!

Liquid Yellow R27
Thanks for the opinions. Anthracite is sounding like a good option, but I'm also tempted by black. Decisions, decisions. Coilovers will come... eventually! lol. Will probably go for body coloured. Not sure whether to have the bullets body coloured with black text or black bullets with body coloured text?!

I personally think tints would look good though, just not really dark tints. :approve:

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Looking good! Wrapping looks great, I'd deffo go for the colour coding all the way round the car and sport grill. I'd go for the gloss black wheels and tints do look good in the flesh when there not too dark, i like mine!

Last edited:
  Liquid Yellow R27
Looking good! Wrapping looks great, I'd deffo go for the colour coding all the way round the car and sport grill. I'd go for the gloss black wheels and tints do look good in the flesh when there not too dark, i like mine!

Thanks dude! I will get the colour coding sorted. Agree with the tints as well, I think they look nice as long as they're not to dark. I would buy a sports grille this second if I could, just can't seem to find any for sale anywhere. Any ideas where I can pick one up?

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Thanks dude! I will get the colour coding sorted. Agree with the tints as well, I think they look nice as long as they're not to dark. I would buy a sports grille this second if I could, just can't seem to find any for sale anywhere. Any ideas where I can pick one up?

I think light tints work well on this colour with black badges so i'd go for it. I got mine from renault parts locally for about £60, expensive but was worth it. You can get them online aswell, i'll try find the link.

Looking good still! I just fitted my rs grille and put carbon vinyl on my diamond, definetly worth doing :)
Pic:
049.JPG