ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Silver 1.2 Clio Expression

1.2 Campus Sport
ZanderMichaelJason It seems the listing has ended but thats the sort of thing yes.
I've seen you posting about on the forum regarding a sport interior? :p
Might get some for my own Silver Campus, not sure about the fitting though, thats my only concern.
Thanks,
Ross

ZanderMichaelJason It seems the listing has ended but thats the sort of thing yes.
I've seen you posting about on the forum regarding a sport interior? :p
Might get some for my own Silver Campus, not sure about the fitting though, thats my only concern.
Thanks,
Ross

Yeah, it was relisted, still umming and arring as whether to get them or not! Haha :L

I'd assume that as long as it's a MK2 Campus the interior should fit yours too! :)

Been busy over the past two days, I've now got a full sport Interior (minus door cards seems as it's a 5 door) - Just need to give it all a nice wash and then wait until I can get the tools to fit it all (seems as I have none!) - So, I'm not sure when it'll be fitted but I'm well happy with it!
I also picked up a new rear passenger light as when I bought the car it was cracked!

Crack:

4b6fd06ca4bc58c12efe34f7a15a4f29.jpg

No Crack!:

7e54bdd7567f7dbe5b0566952d689b04.jpg

And last but not least I also buffed my headlights! No after pictures yet so I'll post all the photos up once I've taken some!

Clio 1.2 16v
Quick one guys: How can I keep my subwoofer from sliding around my boot? I was going to try velcro but the base of the sub is fabric! Any ideas guys? :)

I just used the rough side of sticky back velcro stuck on the bottom of the subwoofer, stops mine moving.

So, today I managed to fit the half leather rear interior! :) Here are a few pictures (I stupidly didn't get the before photos of the old interior!)
c6da401291332c60a9c1c7c2b792599d.jpg

06784f580c5a3ffc7161d263d13a2385.jpg

ef12170c0c403bd431210f974b0e2870.jpg

I'm well pleased with the result and even more pleased that I managed to do it on my own!
Also, I went to my local B&Q and they didn't sell velcro by the meter! Going to have to go further afield and see if it's still something they do in general because I'm sick & tired of my sub rolling around in the boot! If not I'm sure someone on eBay sells it!

Clio RS200 L.Y
L brackets and screws. I know where I used to work, Homebase, sold Velcro by the meter. Might be worth seeing if they have it in your local one, if the store is still open. It won't be cheap though sadly, as they do sell things at quite a high price.

1.2 Campus Sport
Nice to see you got your interior sorted. What did you do about the airbags? Don't the sports seats include airbags?
Reason I ask was because the interior really compliments your car, especially those headrests!
Thanks,
Ross

L brackets and screws. I know where I used to work, Homebase, sold Velcro by the meter. Might be worth seeing if they have it in your local one, if the store is still open. It won't be cheap though sadly, as they do sell things at quite a high price.
I think I'll grab some from fleabay, it'll be cheaper than getting it from somewhere like Homebase or B&Q, you're right ;)
Nice to see you got your interior sorted. What did you do about the airbags? Don't the sports seats include airbags?
Reason I ask was because the interior really compliments your car, especially those headrests!
Thanks,
Ross
Only the rear interior so far mate! The front seats have been in storage for a while so they needed a proper good clean and also a shave as they were 'bobbly' :L
I'll post up pictures etc. when I get around to sorting out the fronts, they'll be the most interesting as you've pointed out due to the airbags!
And thanks, I really like it too! Can't wait to get the fronts in to finish it off! ;)

1.2 Campus Sport
ZanderMichaelJason Ahh I was wondering why you didn't show any images of the front :p
I presume your planning to leave the airbags un-connected? You might have to re-program your ECU to make them work so probably best for you not to.
I had a look around my Campus and there is a connector which isn't connected to anything under both seats. I presume this is where the airbags would plug into.
Glad you had fun shaving your seat. Hopefully this doesn't become a regular thing!
Thanks,
Ross

ZanderMichaelJason Ahh I was wondering why you didn't show any images of the front :p
I presume your planning to leave the airbags un-connected? You might have to re-program your ECU to make them work so probably best for you not to.
I had a look around my Campus and there is a connector which isn't connected to anything under both seats. I presume this is where the airbags would plug into.
Glad you had fun shaving your seat. Hopefully this doesn't become a regular thing!
Thanks,
Ross

Haha yeah, once I fit the front there shall be photos! :)

No, definitely planning on connecting them up as my originals have airbags in the so that'll cause the same problem as if I didn't (not 100% I'm correct on that but I'm pretty sure I am) So if I can't connect it all properly and can't get around the issue then I'll be selling the seats on :L

I hope seat shaving doesn't become a regular event either :L

1.2 Campus Sport
Haha yeah, once I fit the front there shall be photos! :)

No, definitely planning on connecting them up as my originals have airbags in the so that'll cause the same problem as if I didn't (not 100% I'm correct on that but I'm pretty sure I am) So if I can't connect it all properly and can't get around the issue then I'll be selling the seats on :L

I hope seat shaving doesn't become a regular event either :L

Sounds like a project to me!
I think all MK2 Clios come with airbags in their front seats. Maybe someone can confirm this?
Barnett Just seen your Clio image on page 9. What size did is your front registration?

Thanks,
Ross

So, my sports pedals finally arrived today! Bit miffed as the seller didn't even bother to try and clean them, they're still quite dirty but I guess it'll give me something to do!

d21c61fba98e4eb8aa538a60f7cfbd1d.jpg

Hopefully they'll be relatively easy to install and I won't f**k it up!

BG182 FF
@ZanderMichaelJason Ahh I was wondering why you didn't show any images of the front :p
Thanks,
Ross
FuSSionZ the other connector which isnt connected is most likely for heated seats. Havent come across anyone with this option fitted yet ahaa

So, still haven't got around the fitting the front seats! Haven't had a free day to do them as of yet (busy with work etc.) But I want to get them on within the next moth hopefully! They're just sat in the shed at the moment :(

I also bought a set of sport pedals off of eBay to fit, I've managed to fit the accelerator pedal which was a piece of piss! But I do not want to go near the clutch and the break! There is so much to remove and so much that could go wrong (for someone like me who has no clue) so for now that's on the back burner! I now have standard clutch and break pedals and a sport accelerator!

So, I'm now pretty pissed off as I've just realised that all my work with my seats has been in vain!
Today I decided to try and fit the sport seats and discovered that the connections on the sport seat are completely different to those on my current seat! Which means I would have to do a lot of cutting and soldering to get the sport seats in! I assumed that they'd be plug and play but I was wrong :( The whole idea around this for me was for me to be able to easily change my car back to how it was when I bought it when I wanted to sell it, so if I did fit the sport seats I would then have to re cut and solder all of the wires back in place when I sold the car!
So I'm going to give up with the seats! I'm going to put my old rear seats back in and sell the lot as it'll be way too much hassle for me in the future! I'm genuinely so gutted as this was something I was looking forward to! :( It obviously wasn't meant to be!
Sorry for the long post, just thought I'd update my progress on the situation! :)

You can easily swap the seatbelt over from your old seats thus keeping the connectors the same. I'm unsure about the seat airbag connector, that may require stripping the whole seat (which I've done, not for sport seats though) I can send you the connector if you wish?

I'd say if you were to redo the connectors with crimps and bullet connectors it'd be better than the crappy connections and the random moments when the SERV and airbag light up and a tap on the connector gets rid of that. But if you want to keep OEM connectors you can solder a connector on for the seat airbag (black connector with red tab) I can chop one off a seat airbag. Saves you faffing taking the seats out again. :grinning:

Infact just read your other thread think I'm getting confused with another guy 😌.
I'd cut the wires and solder the connectors on if you have both the male and female I'd reckon it'd be worth it or just use bullet connectors as above.

You can easily swap the seatbelt over from your old seats thus keeping the connectors the same. I'm unsure about the seat airbag connector, that may require stripping the whole seat (which I've done, not for sport seats though) I can send you the connector if you wish?

I'd say if you were to redo the connectors with crimps and bullet connectors it'd be better than the crappy connections and the random moments when the SERV and airbag light up and a tap on the connector gets rid of that. But if you want to keep OEM connectors you can solder a connector on for the seat airbag (black connector with red tab) I can chop one off a seat airbag. Saves you faffing taking the seats out again. :grinning:

Infact just read your other thread think I'm getting confused with another guy 😌.
I'd cut the wires and solder the connectors on if you have both the male and female I'd reckon it'd be worth it or just use bullet connectors as above.
Thank you so much for the advice and offers and everything mate but I'm just going to mark this one down to experience as I don't want to have to mess about with all of this again once I want to sell the car :) But genuinely buddy, thank you very much for the advice :) It's very much appreciated but I've just decided against it :)

1.2 Campus Sport
It's a shame to hear about your sports seats not working out. I'm sure a lot of other people have had the same issue as you! So long as your still happy with your car!
Do you have any plans/mods in store?
Thanks,
Ross

It's a shame to hear about your sports seats not working out. I'm sure a lot of other people have had the same issue as you! So long as your still happy with your car!
Do you have any plans/mods in store?
Thanks,
Ross
Thanks buddy, you win some you lose some :) No further mods planned atm, quite happy with the car atm if I'm honest :) It looks like it'll be needing new tyres soon etc. and I'm also looking at maybe selling her so things are on hold for a little while :)