ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Silver 1.2 Clio Expression

Arctic 182FF
I'd quite like a campus rear end for mine but you'd need both the rear bumper and boot for it to look right. I just can't justify shelling out >£100 for it when I already quite like the look of mine from the back.

How long are you planning on keeping the car? You could always keep the standard parts and put them back on when you go to sell it.

Here is an example
quhapa3e.jpg

I'd quite like a campus rear end for mine but you'd need both the rear bumper and boot for it to look right. I just can't justify shelling out >£100 for it when I already quite like the look of mine from the back.

How long are you planning on keeping the car? You could always keep the standard parts and put them back on when you go to sell it.

Fair enough, I'm not that keen on campus rears myself - Not sure why though :L
I'd say a few years tbh, so maybe I'll get it done a little further down the line, I just don't fancy doing it right now :)

Here is an example
quhapa3e.jpg

Each to their own on that mod, that really doesn't appeal to me at all :L

So, my new spoiler arrived yesterday but my mum thought it was for her and hid it! So I've just fit the new spoiler and boy does it change the look of the rear end!

Before:
7y3e5u7a.jpg

u4upy9e6.jpg

Off:
y8ypyqyt.jpg

After:
ymade8ej.jpg

eba8u5av.jpg

Well pleased! Thought it'd be a hell of a lot harder than it was - The scariest part was pulling the old one off! £28 well spent IMO!

Well pissed off with myself - Had some LED brake lights arrive today but they're more dim than the halogen (or whatever) bulbs! My fault though, went for bog standard LEDs rather than ones with LEDs on the sides as well! So I'll be sending those back!

So, I managed to sucessfully colour code my boot button! All done without sanding the primer or lacquer! I got pretty lucky I think as it looks great :)

Before:
3ezuhunu.jpg

After:
yjesugyj.jpg

ba9e7uda.jpg

s**t comparison with the natural light vs. the flash but you get the point!
Only issue I found though is that once I put the boot mechanism back together, the boot doesn't shut as easily as it used to - I now have to shut it quite hard for it to stay shut, anyone know why this is?

So, I managed to sucessfully colour code my boot button! All done without sanding the primer or lacquer! I got pretty lucky I think as it looks great :)

Before:
3ezuhunu.jpg

After:
yjesugyj.jpg

ba9e7uda.jpg

s**t comparison with the natural light vs. the flash but you get the point!
Only issue I found though is that once I put the boot mechanism back together, the boot doesn't shut as easily as it used to - I now have to shut it quite hard for it to stay shut, anyone know why this is?

You should really spray 2 coates of clear on it to make it more durable. I have the same problem with the boot and i think its because of the boot seal i guess.

Arctic 182FF

I love how loads of people gave you good advice about how to do it properly and you just ignored them all :p Putting some clear lacquer on would've at least made it a bit more resistant to chipping since it's going to be something that gets used quite a lot but oh well, as long as you're happy.

Also, I gave you that boot button over a week ago, how did it take you this long to do it?!

EDIT: I may have misread what you said there, do you mean you didn't sand, didn't primer and didn't lacquer? Or do you mean you didn't sand after using primer or after using lacquer? Because that'd be totally fine for the boot button.

You should really spray 2 coates of clear on it to make it more durable. I have the same problem with the boot and i think its because of the boot seal i guess.

I love how loads of people gave you good advice about how to do it properly and you just ignored them all :p Putting some clear lacquer on would've at least made it a bit more resistant to chipping since it's going to be something that gets used quite a lot but oh well, as long as you're happy.

Also, I gave you that boot button over a week ago, how did it take you this long to do it?!

EDIT: I may have misread what you said there, do you mean you didn't sand, didn't primer and didn't lacquer? Or do you mean you didn't sand after using primer or after using lacquer? Because that'd be totally fine for the boot button.

You guys both misunderstood what I said - Apologies, I must've worded it badly!
I sanded the button before starting with increasing wet and dry so that it was smooth, I then spayed it with 4 coats of grey primer, then with 4 coats of TED69 halfords paint, then 4 coats of lacquer! :)
What I meant was that I didn't sand it down after applying the primer and I also didn't sand it down once I'd lacquer - But IMO I think it looks top notch, some people mentioned it looking like an orange's skin but it looks fine to me :)

EDIT: Nice to know it's not just me with the boot shutting problem Mike!

Oh yes i'm with you now. Well its true to many coats its,not good either if the layer of paint is to thick. Im suprised you managed to fit the button back hehe. Hope it will last. Good effort!

Haha, I know, reading it like that makes it sound like a lot! But I waa a lot of advice given to me was to do lots of coats but to make them thin, especially with the lacquer - So I made sure to do so :)
And I hope it'll last too!

So, now that I've colour coded the boot button I thought I may as well start to PlastiDip the diamonds and also the 'Clio' badge - Going to do the front diamond and 'Clio' badge this evening as they're the easiest to remove and sort out and then (hopefully) later this week I'll take the boot mechanism again to get to the rear badge! Should look ace once it's all done! :)

So, I managed to sucessfully PlastiDip both parts tonight! They both look great! I'm going to leave them to dry overnight as they reccommend 4 hours minimum so I'm sure they'll be fine by 9ish tomorrow morning!

As I said previously I just need to do the rear diamond - (I found it so much easier being able to spray just the diamond and clio badge off on the car - Don't know why I didn't do it the first time around!) - How would I go about removing the rear diamond from surround that it's clipped into/ glued to? When I put the colour coded boot button in it seemed to be clipped but also slightly glued?

Thanks in advance for any replies! :)

So, I managed to sucessfully PlastiDip both parts tonight! They both look great! I'm going to leave them to dry overnight as they reccommend 4 hours minimum so I'm sure they'll be fine by 9ish tomorrow morning!

As I said previously I just need to do the rear diamond - (I found it so much easier being able to spray just the diamond and clio badge off on the car - Don't know why I didn't do it the first time around!) - How would I go about removing the rear diamond from surround that it's clipped into/ glued to? When I put the colour coded boot button in it seemed to be clipped but also slightly glued?

Thanks in advance for any replies! :)

The button is not glued its hold with a rubber band. Rear badge is indeed glued/melted in so after removing it you need to glue it back at least that was in my case and i had to use a bit of silicon to stick it back after wrapping.

The button is not glued its hold with a rubber band. Rear badge is indeed glued/melted in so after removing it you need to glue it back at least that was in my case and i had to use a bit of silicon to stick it back after wrapping.

I think you misunderstood what I meant, I meant that when I was fitting the colour coded boot button I was looking at the glued badge ;) But thanks for the info on that part :)
How did you go about unglue-ing the diamond from the surround that it's in? Just by pulling or did you scrape the glue off?

Arctic 182FF
As far as I remember I just used a wooden/rubber mallet to hit the diamond out of the surround from the back. It still kind of clips back in place so you shouldn't have to glue it (I never did, and this was well over a year ago).