ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My South Wales Car Club Rolling Road Results - I love my clio!

I know loads of people will probably have loads of negative comments to say about various rolling roads etc but I have never used one before so have nothing to compare my results to.
Rolling road was as Westec in Newport South Wales using their 1500+bhp Dastek Rolling Road
South Wales Car Club organised a French only Rolling road day there - about 20 cars attended but only 2 clio's. Mine and another forum member Gadlys (gareth) met up at 9.30 and arrived about 10.00am to then be told we were going to be the last 2 cars! so we could have stayed in bed especially as it was bloody feezin!

Anyway various Saxo's, 106's etc went through - couple of nice 106 rallye's - one with throttle boddies, think he got about 145bhp which aint bad

Eventually it was our go - went for a quick spin to warm the car up then on in went - managed 184.86 bhp on my first run with peak torque of 146.2 ft/lb and one the second run managed a peak of 186.50bhp with 147.2ft/lb which I was really surprised about and have to say really bloody chuffed!

As said I know a lot of people slate rolling roads but either way Im pleased - alot of the cars managed quite a bit less than expected - I actually told everyone I would be pleased if it managed 175bhp so 186.5bhp is great - even if their rolling road is not 100% accuarte it must have more than 180bhp or around that at least so Im happy.

Ill scan the graphs and post a couple of pics after the rally on ITV4 finishes later

Plus fingers crossed there will be a feature in Performace Gti in the coming months

2002 Clio 172
As Tim says it was a good day, mine came out with a first run of 171.23bhp and 146.8ft/lb. Second run was 172.29bhp and 149.5ft/lb.
Will have to pop back down there after I've had the inlet done and it remapped to see what extra has been gained.

Abarth 500
good stuff, if i had known i would of gone asewll.....isnt there some one in the south that does inlets? i forgotten his name, i want mine done soon to go with the decat thats due then remapped...

yeah was a good day - mine has a sports cat, prospeed exhaust and hill power filter so you can see why I was so pleased with the power figures.
Having an angelworks manifold and remap soon then shall be going back for another go.
scanned my graphs:

BHP
Untitled-Scanned-03.jpg

Torque
Scan10004.jpg

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
I'm booked in at Westec this Sunday with a SEAT club, loads of Leon Cupra R's so i'll be at the bottom. But I hope to be the top NA engine there.

I only have a ITG filter, so it would be good to see what figure I get to compare.

take some warm clothes Dan and a bobble hat - plus there is no-where near to get any food from so grab a bacon roll on the way mate!

mine was looking good on sunday until someone turned up in a skyline and pretty much doubled my bhp lol!

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
Thanks for that, I'll wear lots of layers.

I just hope i'm not last to run, as there are about 21 cars and I don't want to be waiting around till 3 or 4pm.

Which gear did they do the run in, 4th gear?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I rate dastek very highly!! used them 3 or 4 times now! Consistant results and one of the best rollers on the market! (Dynodynamics inc)

yeah that was the only problem dan - I think we were last as we are quite unknown on that club - spend most time on here

Ali - thanks for that - I want sure about their rolling road but am now quite reassured. Still shocked at the bhp figure but not complaining!
have my manifold and remap to do yet so hoping to get over 190 now.

Also Would you recommend getting the rs tuning remap or just a group n - I can get the group n for £150 and have to drive about 10 miles to get it or drive hundreds of miles to rs tuning for a £300 remap - do you think there would be much difference??

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
yeah that was the only problem dan - I think we were last as we are quite unknown on that club - spend most time on here

Ali - thanks for that - I want sure about their rolling road but am now quite reassured. Still shocked at the bhp figure but not complaining!
have my manifold and remap to do yet so hoping to get over 190 now.

Also Would you recommend getting the rs tuning remap or just a group n - I can get the group n for £150 and have to drive about 10 miles to get it or drive hundreds of miles to rs tuning for a £300 remap - do you think there would be much difference??

Well is got the same Bhp as you with those mods. 186.2 IIRC! bit more torque. 192.6 after remap and inlets. Food for thought!

2002 Clio 172
Here are my graphs from the day, does the torque look right as it seems all over the place :

Attachments

• bhp.jpg
    bhp.jpg
    445.3 KB · Views: 38
  • Torque.jpg
    Torque.jpg
    386.4 KB · Views: 44
  '03 172, now a 2004 CTR
Some pleasing results :)

Looks like neither of you were left disapointed (something i'm worried about being when I get mine done).

Mines standard at the mo although it would be nice to know what it's running at, just out of interest really.

2002 Clio 172
matt__f I was even more worried after Tim came out with a graph of 186bhp as they were putting mine on:S Was happy with my results and to say Tim had a smile on his face would be a little understatement:D

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
Just to let you guys know, today at Westec.

The Clio produced 167.6bhp on the first run and 170.2bhp on the second, so I'm quite chuffed with that as I've only added a itg panel filter.