ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My special centre exhaust hanger

172DD Cup
bodge...

first up was a D shackle from b&q for £3 or £4
grilloinox2.jpg

then a powerflex universal mount from ebay for £6
resize_image.php

then rammed together like so
IMG_20110422_113337.jpg

a picture is worth a thousand gummy bears
IMG_20110422_120141.jpg

i bought the rather large powerflex hanger as i wasn't sure where it would sit, but then realised the k-tec exhaust has an adjustable bracket. i'm probably going to replace the big red hanger with something like this
resize_image.php

should last alot longer than the standard replacement (which got launched at 7 months). the holes on the hanger give a pleasantly tight fit.

:p

Nissan 350z
A pair of cable-ties also works nicely which was my bodge fix. Buy a new middle hanger (needs to be new, and not your current sagging one), surround it with the 2 cable-ties to prevent it getting stretched to buggery. Job done :)

Does it help to pull the centre section further up towards the car at all?

I really need to try and get my exhaust higher up, due to the car being quite low the exhaust scrapes on everything.

172DD Cup
difficult to say tbh- the bracket on my exhaust is adjustable. maybe you'll be better trying to get an adjustable exhaust bracket?

Clio 197
good work kp, i have bodged mine with steel cable ties, 3 on the center section and 2 on the backbox, however my exhaust still knocks on the rear beam..got a new center one on order but i can't help think its the crappy design of the pattern part exhaust which isn't helping !

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
yeah i ordered the prima competition exhausts mount last night for when i fit my ktec stealth supersport, just to ensure the backbox is held on up nice and tight.

Clio 197
A pair of cable-ties also works nicely which was my bodge fix. Buy a new middle hanger (needs to be new, and not your current sagging one), surround it with the 2 cable-ties to prevent it getting stretched to buggery. Job done :)

good idea i will try that with my new center mount, i have them fixed to the hangers (in the middle and back) at the moment

clio sport 172 (2003
Hi mate what are the dimensions of the bolt you said 8mm is that head size across flats or is that M8. What length bolt did you use? Going to be doing this fix at the weekend.

Cheers

Clio II 172 RS Ph1
(sorry for bumping an old thread)

I also tried this, but gave to much vibration in the cabin, so swapped back to OEM.

17698987423_8a85eb14af_b.jpg
OEM vs Modified by Andy Ramdin, on Flickr

18293191706_a1da15e91f_b.jpg
Exhaust Powerflex mod by Andy Ramdin, on Flickr

Back to OEM it is

17933817804_6a9a571338_b.jpg
New OEM exhaust mount by Andy Ramdin, on Flickr

18552031822_6cf1ab677e_b.jpg
New OEM exhaust mount by Andy Ramdin, on Flickr