ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Suzuki Swift Sport Video Review

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
Some of you may have seen that I'm an aspiring motoring journo. I'm currently working as a writer, contributing to Car Throttle and Evo amongst other places, but online video is the route I want to take.

I've been testing a Suzuki Swift Sport for the week and if I'm honest, I love it. It almost feels like a slightly softer version of my 182, which is a massive compliment in my opinion. It's more comfortable, more refined and cheaper to run, though of course it ultimately loses out on raw pace.

As a warm hatch priced under £14k new, I think it's bloody brilliant.

Anyway, here's a 'swift' video review I knocked together this afternoon. All unscripted and really just something I did for fun.

Hope you like it! :)

PS. I'll have a more in depth comparison video of the MG3 and Skoda Citigo going online in the coming weeks. I'm using the feedback collected from this survey to make sure it meets the demands of you guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
  Astra VXR NBG ED
Really good video, the only thing if I was very picky would be to drop the level of music when your talking.

Off to check the rest of your videos out!

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
They're all rubbish and cringe mate ha! The MG3/Citigo vid should be my first 'proper' vid (fingers crossed).

Re. the music volume, the levels seemed good in my headphones. Suppose I should have checked with some other speakers too!

Astra VXR NBG ED
They're all rubbish and cringe mate ha! The MG3/Citigo vid should be my first 'proper' vid (fingers crossed).

Re. the music volume, the levels seemed good in my headphones. Suppose I should have checked with some other speakers too!

Could be my phone tbh mate

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
A few minor points, nothing major. I know it's not scripted so I won't go on about things like knowing what the flaws are before you start the video as it's the sort of stuff you have the script for in the first place.

1. You can tell that you've got a music clip looped over and over, as it doesn't quite meet up at the looping point. (for example just before you start speaking), and it could do with being stopped for the speaking portion, and then perhaps a new track used in the second half of the video with a different pace to it.

2. The 'Suzuki Swift Sport' at the beginning of the video could do with being a little more... swift. It kinda dawdles onto the screen in its own time. If people can read it before it's finished coming onto the screen, they're then sat there just waiting for it to finish.

3. What sets the car out from its competitors? What are its competitors?

Other than that, not bad ;)

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
Cheers for the feedback guys. I'll take comments on board and make sure I put together an overall more professional video in the MG3/Citigo comparison. Should be a generally more polished product!

Suzuki Jimny
Haven't watched the video yet, but the backwards baseball cap instantly puts me off TBH.

Swift Sport
Nice video, although I agree with what McDriftin said... Good effort though. Hopefully the CS police don't see your enthusiastic driving lol.

Listerine & Poledo
Haven't watched the video yet, but the backwards baseball cap instantly puts me off TBH.

This.

Think about how you want to appear to potential clients/employers before you start putting your image to film.

"hi, yeah, I'm a motoring journo, I'll review that new Benz for you!!"
Really? Sure you wouldn't be more comfortable in this 51-plate VTS? Because you sure as anything aren't representing any worthwhile.

Swift Sport
This.

Think about how you want to appear to potential clients/employers before you start putting your image to film.

"hi, yeah, I'm a motoring journo, I'll review that new Benz for you!!"
Really? Sure you wouldn't be more comfortable in this 51-plate VTS? Because you sure as anything aren't representing any worthwhile.

Nothing wrong with baseball caps IMO, but I agree that a more suitable attire would be better for his videos. It does give out the wrong message.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Good vid Sam!

Think I prefer the look of this one to the pre facelift car which the gf has. Third party cover on other cars kicks in on my new policy soon so I get to have a proper go in it at last lol.

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
Cheers guys. I appreciate the backwards snapback comments, but this video really isn't anything serious. If I was working for Evo/Autocar, I have no doubt they'd tell me to burn the hat. But for this, I didn't even think about my outfit.

Having said that, I've been told by one big brand the one thing they're missing from their current line up, is someone who will connect with 'the kids..'

And regarding the music, yeah, it's rubbish I agree. Once I start full time work I'll stay away from the video editing, I'm sure you'll be glad to hear!

And Jonnio I agree. Initially I preferred the less complicated design of the older car, but the new car has really grown on me.