ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My travelling Flickr photo diary

SLK 350
I'm now 2 months into my 6 month trip, so thought I'd share my photostream. Nothing has been edited in any way, so there's lots of chaff, but some wheat in between.

Anyway, if anybody has any questions over any of them (I haven't done any description), feel free to ask away.

Camera is a Lumix TZ7, point, click, done. Recommend it for travelling certainly!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43847363@N05/

Suzuki Ignis
Added also.

Some stunnin photos in there. Is that a mini tornado on the first page atm?

Nimbus Megane R26
just got a TZ7 and the battery is charging now. Nice pics, any tips with how to get the best from it mate??

Kris

SLK 350
Wow, jealous. What us your itinerary?

Well we set of from London October 27th, and have since done:

Buenos Aires>Iguassu Falls>Florianopolis>Rio>Sao Paulo>Bogota>Cartagena>Bogota(again)>Lima>Paracas/Pisco>Huacachina>Nazca>Cusco (Machu Picchu)>Puno>Copoacabana (Bolivia)>La Paz (Death Road)>Potosi (Mines)>Ayuni (Salt Plains)>San Pedro de Atacama>Salta (Currently)

Tomorrow we head to Mendoza on a 17hr bus, then we're heading to Ushuaia (Tierra del Fuego) over a week or more stopping at a few places to see Whales and other its and bobs. From there, we'll fly to Santiago, then (approximately):

Santiago>Auckland>Christchurch>Sydney>Cairns>Singapore>KL>Bangkok and from there through Cambodia/Vietnam/Loas.

Fly back to the UK April, though fancy doing some further Spanish classes and moving to South America tbh, the trip has certainly made me realise a few things wrong with the UK and my life/job.

just got a TZ7 and the battery is charging now. Nice pics, any tips with how to get the best from it mate??

Kris

My first piece of advice is, buy a spare battery. It struggles with longevity, especially if filming in HD... been caught out a couple times.

The camera is as simple as it comes though, there's nothing to really worry about. The Intelligent Auto does the job 90% of the time, so it's point and shoot, sadly there's no manual mode mind.

Superb camera though, some cracking little features like the HD movie which you can zoom whilst filming, dual microphones, HDMI, superb screen, wide angle, 12x (24-300mm) zoom.

Gripes? Mode selector is poorly placed, and won't take a shot unless it's in a mode, meaning you can miss the odd shot if not careful. Flash placement is also stupid, it's where your finger naturally sits.

Enjoy!

Nimbus Megane R26
Cheers for that matey. Going NY in march so should get a spare battery really because its going to get a hammering hah. Impressed with it so far tbh, and like you said..auto handles nearly everything iv took.