ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Trophy -aka- Squeaky Pram

Megane 225
This started as a mild squeak coming from somewhere behind the front dash when pulling off. I'd get this when the clutch bit, more so in the cold. Now it's just constant, but it may be a compleely seperate problem. Something either behind the dash or in the engine bay squeaks over bumps and makes the car sound like a rusty old pram. It's audible from outside the car as friends have commented. It also squeaks with the engine idling sometimes. With the Trophy's suspension, it's obviously amplified and happens on most roads over every little bump. I've checked over the car for loose parts but nothing's obviously falling apart. I was going to wait until end of August (service due) but maybe some of the mechanically-minded here will know.

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
Your exhaust is likely, fucked up dog bone mount, likely..check your exhaust manifold for a defect, do this lot and it be rite....

Megane 225
Took it into Renault yesterday because it went into limp home mode. Got them to look at it that day and it turned out to be loose/broken injection computer housing. Replaced within the day and car valeted too. Turns out this was also the cause of the squeaking! I'm satisfied.