ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My valver/172 project

'92 172, Lotus Elise
another quick update

flashed my ecu to group n with rstuner and a friend soldered on an emulator for me!

DSCF3253.jpg

result is a 100% functioning 172 ecu with a 7500rpm limit instead of 6000/6500 and smooth idle and no more hesitations!!

the difference is phenomenal :eek:

was doing about 37mpg on my north circ/m25 commute too, so hopefully that will go up too ;)

cheers to f0xy for the reassuring texts this morning too! :D

alien green rs133
does your dremel get mega hot??? im on porting my inlet manifold and after 5 mins its too hot to hold and it keeps cutting out :(

'92 172, Lotus Elise
it got reasonably hot yeh!

mine's a battery powered effort, so it usually coincided with the battery running out. I could probably do 1/2 a port per charge

'92 172, Lotus Elise
Sent my old map (from ECU Clinic) off to Henk@Fastchip to see what exactly it was... would've bugged the hell out of me otherwise :D

turns out it's from the megane 1 with the F4R?

fail.

'92 172, Lotus Elise
:eek:

re: my trip computer,
Matteh449 said:
I've not yet got my 172 ecu to work with it

oh hai

I've since flashed my ecu to the correct calibration (it was a Megane f4r before!) and now the mpg thingy works!

DSCF3256.jpg

huzzah! :D

all that remains is connecting it up to the fuel tank. I need to add a resistor in to compensate for the tank size difference between an r19 and a clio. not sure what i'll do about the aux tank as on a ph1 it has a separate pump :/

'92 172, Lotus Elise
uber small update :p

have finally ditched the mk1 temperature sender. I'm now using the mk2 sensor for the dash gauge and the ecu now controls the light.

I've also wired the mk2 'malfunction indicator lamp' up to the mk1 dash... hope it never comes on, but nice to have anyway!

DSCF3269.jpg

it's manually switched on with rstuner in that pic before anyone gets smart ;)

I've also recently been getting a petrol smell when booting it. A quick look under the car confirmed it was the aux tank not connected up to the main tank properly. A jubilee clip was missing from the short pipe that links the aux tank to the main tank and it looked 'loose'. I assume as I boot it the fuel must slosh around a bit and leak out this pipe...

DSCF3273.jpg

I must've left it off when I had the tank off last year after FCS :eek: