ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Valver Pics

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Hi!

First pics ive taken of my valver since owning it for 2 months! Quite bad a I know but they came out ok

Car is basicly standard at the moment. Since owning it, its had Silkolene 5W-40 oil, ITG panel filter, Dizzy, Top mounts, Cam/Aux belt, Roter Arm and NGK plugs. Got Bass's old magnex system and bought my own de-cat for it, would like a bit more pop and crackle on overrun tho.

Next on my list is 2 clear front fogs, 4 new yokos in 195/50, R19 gearbox mount and to flush out the cooling system and clean my header tank!!! Feb time im hoping to fit my Avo 25mm springs onto some nice new Koni shocks. Not bothered about the height to much just want a more firm ride.

clio4.gif

clio11.gif

clio10.gif

clio8.gif

clio9.gif

clio7.gif

clio5.gif

clio1.gif

clio12.gif

clio2.gif

Dan.

Mk1 16v
Absolutely mint mate!

Makes me want to go out and clean mine!! oh hang on, if it wasnt in the garage i would lol.

Rich.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
30k infact! An old couple had it for 14 years before trading it in for a new clio. was then sold to the guy I bought it off. I did pay over the odds for it, but its great

Didnt come with shed loads of history, but I did have a word with the Renault garage it came from and the miles add up to what they have on their system. It had only done 9000 miles in 1997 when it went in to Renault for some warrenty arch rust work.

I wanna keep it looking preety much original minus performance and subtle styling mods

Bumblebee
30k infact! An old couple had it for 14 years before trading it in for a new clio. was then sold to the guy I bought it off. I did pay over the odds for it, but its great

Didnt come with shed loads of history, but I did have a word with the Renault garage it came from and the miles add up to what they have on their system. It had only done 9000 miles in 1997 when it went in to Renault for some warrenty arch rust work.

I wanna keep it looking preety much original minus performance and subtle styling mods

Very nice mate, personally due to it being so unique i would keep it standard and keep it for concours/show n shine comps.

'92 172, Lotus Elise
that looks so mint!

my turbines are going back on mine in a few days and i only wish mine would look that good!

oh, and keep the yellow fogs! ;)

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
unfort the last owner looks like they polished it with a wirebrush :( there are some obvious swirl marks :(

2LTR 16V TURBO CLIO!
very nice example of a fine motor!! I agree with most of the others i'd keep it standard!! :D

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Was thinking the 25mm isnt really going to be that noticable and i want 20mm at the rear. I really just need to stiffen it up. Feels like the wingmirrors are gunna touch the ground cornering hard!

Do you think i should remove the exhaust then?

Im only going to go for subtle stuff anyway, ive always thought half decent cars will always look nice with minimal things done to them. Im more into the performance mods. Might be looking at cams late next year.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Will be worth more std in the long run surely?

Same with anycar. A performance exhaust i can change back with the standard one i have in storage. The current shocks/springs are like 14 years old, i was looking at the Bilstein OE shocks which are slightly stiffer than standard and like i said before, 25mm is hardly noticeable! Im not changing anything major, i still have the standard Renault tape player which i can change back when i do sell it :p

im not going to majorly mod it, im gunna order 2 new yellow fogs now infact :)

Clio 172
If you want to loose the body roll, uprate the bushes. Should stiffen things up a bit.

Stunning motor, dont bother with cams. F7R

LY 200
keep it standard, pleaseeeeeee

25mm wont be hardly noticeable! and the exhuast is only to gain a little more performance :( Surely they are ok? :p

Dont listen to this lot mate.

The only thing i wouldnt touch (and you aint either by what you've said) is the way it looks. Enjoy the car mate rather than thinking about what its gonna be worth at selling time.

Most people would rather buy it with a few tweaks anyway.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
thanks alot for all the comments ;)

Might well chip the ECU as well.

As long as I own the car it will always have a standard look on the inside and out, there isnt any harm in uprating a few old and worn out parts.

Will hopefully see you all at a few meets. Just need to get the PC out now!