ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Wifes 182 - Advise Needed

BMW 5 Series
Hello All, been on this site for 5 years ish but dont post much, anyway a bit of advise needed?
The wifes Black Gold 182 full cup packs with only 14k miles! (still like new)
is ready for change, we really fancy the 197 cup in white but what should expect to pay for one of these?
We also have a friend who runs a department at a main renault dealers, do they still do the friends and family discount?

Many Thanks MM.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
F&F discount is pointless matey. It comes off list price and thats still nowhere near what you can buy them for off the web.

BMW 5 Series
Thanks for responses, always been a good site this.
If i wanted to sell my 182 quickley, whats an atractive price?

Black Gold 182, 2004 14k miles, had from new, polished and cared for to death with meguires and autoglymm, blueflame exhaust full renault main dealer service history, all cup packs etc, if we dont sell it or swop it we will probably keep it forever like i did with the 5turbo in 1989!

MM

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If you want to sell it quickly, I think it will sell for £5500.

Its the right colour and the miles are good.

BMW 5 Series
The car owes us nothing and has been just the ticket really, looks performance, price and as i drive a big comfy diesel everday the odd times i do drive make me smile as the "bloody things alive" if you know what i mean.
At £5500 and the new one around £12k to £13 its straight forward really.

MM

BMW 5 Series
By the way, would you insist on recaros? or go for factory seats but in leather? Im sure i read on here that the recaros are wearing on the bolsters?

MM

Mk2 Clio dci
The recaros do wear, but they are under warrenty, as its a known issue. Just be careful getting in and out. most that ive seen have been ok.
Plus they look fecking cool!

182 FF Inferno
By the way, would you insist on recaros? or go for factory seats but in leather? Im sure i read on here that the recaros are wearing on the bolsters?

MM

Lots of info about recaro seats wearing on Renaultsport.co.uk. Seems to be quite a big problem. Still think I'd go with the recaro's though.

Sure you can get covers from recaro which may help.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Only 14k? Jesus christ thats low, has it had the belts done mate?, this will make an impact on the price i would think

BMW 5 Series
If the belts need doing i will just get them done weather it goes or stays, my wifes very attached to it and i must admitt i have a "soft spot" for it so if it needs it it will be having it, cost not an issue for something as important as belts.
Has anybody got leather by the way?

MM

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Sounds like this would sell very quickly if your willing to part money on it to get the belts done. I reckon (with all the belts done, and assuming every bit of relevent paper work present) you would get closer to 6k maybe!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
If the wife is attached to it and you have a soft spot for it too, why sell? You've clearly got a rare motor there is terms of mileage. I'd personally get the belts done and then enjoy seeing the next four years in - without even breaking 30k mileage! :)

D.

BMW 5 Series
Thanks for info lads ,very handy, spec of 197 as follows :-
197 full fat in white
cup kit
tints
folding mirrors
no recaros, not sure there worth it?
Maybe leather
Could have done with parking sensors, once youve had them theres no going back!

Will either px or sell private, trying to do deals with delers today and some interest private so will see what happens.

MM

BMW 5 Series
One more by the way, my wife says im stuck in an 80s time warp,who else thinks the white wheels look awsome?

MM

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
On a white Clio?? Will look like a Dishwasher!

Only guessing mind, I've never actually seen one!

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for info lads ,very handy, spec of 197 as follows :-
197 full fat in white
cup kit
tints
folding mirrors
no recaros, not sure there worth it?
Maybe leather
Could have done with parking sensors, once youve had them theres no going back!

Will either px or sell private, trying to do deals with delers today and some interest private so will see what happens.

MM

I'd definitely tick the Recaro seat option, great seats imo.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
One more by the way, my wife says im stuck in an 80s time warp,who else thinks the white wheels look awsome?

MM

You sir, have taste.

But i dont think so much on the black, blue maybe but anthracite looks the b****cks against the black!

BMW 5 Series
LOL,my era was 5 hot hatches going to silverstone everyyear and invading the circuit when Mansell won the title approx 1990?
There was my 5 turbo (best car ever) 2 pgt 1.9 gtis a nova gsi and fiesta xr2, 3 of these cars had "white wheels", you lot dont know what proper style is lol. the only thing that could catch my 5 over the woodhead was the cossies, no japs about then!

MM

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
LOL,my era was 5 hot hatches going to silverstone everyyear and invading the circuit when Mansell won the title approx 1990?
There was my 5 turbo (best car ever) 2 pgt 1.9 gtis a nova gsi and fiesta xr2, 3 of these cars had "white wheels", you lot dont know what proper style is lol. the only thing that could catch my 5 over the woodhead was the cossies, no japs about then!

MM

Showing your age a bit there eh? haha

Have you decided what your going to do with the 182? As said before, id keep it mate if your wife is quite content with it, as far as cheap hot-hatch ownership goes against the likes of a Focus ST or Golf GTi or somthing they really cant be beat, all imo :eek:

BMW 5 Series
My mates got an st500 focus its great but the wife likes
em small!!!!! A bit too civilised really. Golf GTI i think there too expensive for what you get, some of our engineers run the diesel ones as company cars and i just cant get my head round the price, did see a nice r32 at local Hyde VW though looked good low miles £19k, very tempted.

MM

Another idoit convined the 197 is better..
There slow shat common and look like there gay from the back
Go for something completley different