ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my williams vs tim o vid

mk2 172

ah the memories, eventually got this off jons camera the other day, was my first time 1/4 miling in williams when it was standard and i did prettygood, was just bout first time i spoke to tim and he congratulated me on an awesome start(the beginnning of an era lol), it was his 14.5 sec mk1 172, launch control,decat,v6 backbox, chip, stripped and not much else done to it, tim just pipped me at the post in 4th just before the line if anyone wondering, bloody close race tho very glad i got this film as i wanted it for ages

was neither of ours best runs of that day but a good clio battle nonetheless

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mathewroberts/vids/TimOvsCraggy.mpghttp://homepage.ntlworld.com/mathewroberts/vids/TimOvsCraggy.mpg

Renaultsport Clio 200 Cup

Ha ha, nice to hear some proper Northern accents...

My mate did a movie of me & Anders taking the p1ss out of us being northern, its 2.7Mb so need somone to host it... its fairly funny!

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Talk about close! Didnt seem to be much in it (not the best angle to tell tho). Any idea what the time was for that run?

Also, whos that with the reet proper broad accent!

Rick

mk2 172

lol aye mine was bout 15 tims was high 14s, held him for most of the way but he powred his nose past at the end felt really good actually! good battle and agood memory of a close race! just dint quite have the poke to hold that beast off all the way

Hmm nice & very very close - my Willie is v quick mid range then looses it a bit around 90. Tried messing about with some starts a while back and you really need to treat your clutch like you hate it to get the Willie going.

Quote: Originally posted by CarlosTheJackel on 28 May 2003

Hmm nice & very very close - my Willie is v quick mid range then looses it a bit around 90. Tried messing about with some starts a while back and you really need to treat your clutch like you hate it to get the Willie going.
Exactly where mine seems to take a dip. It perks up a bit once I get over 100. On an entirely private stretch of road it got from 100 to 130 suprisingly quickly, but I got scared and had to brake. :eek:

Sold MK1 RSI to travel

Nice run, craggy seems like your quite the racer with quite a little pocket rocket!

Dunno If Rhys told you, but we had a blast on the bypass a few weeks ago and that was quite a laugh.

I knew I wasnt gonna beat him but wanted to see what the differences were.

Craggy are you coming to Redline Rumble on Sunday? Will be my first 1/4 mile viewing. Looks quality but darent take the RSI on the strip until I get my Stage 1 HP, which I might add is getting done at the end of June, I will be going to York GTI Hothatch but that might be a bit too busy for my first run, am a bit nervous about the whole thing.

P.S. Nice run and the seats look the part.

LOL Rhys - I had my FRST over 140+mph (indicated) on a flat private bit of road - spent the next 2 weeks nervously checking the post - just in case!

Havent had the Willie much over 100 - Had it at 110 yesterday but was going downhill - I will try it out and see how it goes on the flat.

mk2 172

hi si, rhys nhasnt told me but i know a williams would pound an rsi into submission so i dont ahve to ask??????

lol

lo yeah , the saxi is quick nuf like and is lokin better all the time

craggy

Craggy - left the RSi fairly easily, but I will confess that it put up more of a fight than I thought itd manage. Still, I managed to vanquish it by spitting flames at it from my exhaust :D. Seemed a similar difference between Willy and RSI as between CooperS Hartge and Williams.

Si just needs to ditch the Nyang Kang (or whatever!) tyres now...

clio 20v

Quote: Originally posted by Craggy on 28 May 2003

hi si, rhys nhasnt told me but i know a williams would pound an rsi into submission so i dont ahve to ask??????

lol

lo yeah , the saxi is quick nuf like and is lokin better all the time

craggy

hmmmmmmmmmm

sumthing tells me craggy been on the ale agen

Sold MK1 RSI to travel

Well Rhys, all being well give it about 2 months and I should be rockin with some 15 inch super legs in black on 45mm tyres, now I reckon they wont be much heavier than the 14s I have on now, but they will give a dam sight more grip than the sh*tters that are on now! Ive opted for more torque and power for now. ;)

If money was no question and I got a stage 2, from what Ive heard Id give the "Road Warrior" a run for his money, but I dont so Ill just have to wait for now.:(

Sold MK1 RSI to travel

I take it from the pics and comments, FCS was a blast?

Shame I missed it, I bet you had some good races there and back?:D

mk2 172

lol hehe, i assure you mate a stage 2 rsi wouldnt touch the road warrior, shes too fast, those sexy 1.6 16valves deliver a hard hitting blow all the way to 7.4k revs and its gearedto go mate, pulls lie a train, and fro mwaht i can make out its faster than a stage 2 valver:D

Sold MK1 RSI to travel

Craggy Im not sure what RWYB and sh*t your going to in June/July but Im in Sheffield and fancy seeing the "Road Warrior" in Action some time, not to race of course that would be silly :oops: but a passenger view would be nice? ;)

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

iv got stage 2 16v and craggy had the edge on me the other week in donny. was v close though eh?

i reckon i might have him without the 17s on though. ;) Cant wait to get rid of the fukers to be honest.

clio 20v

Quote: Originally posted by Craggy on 28 May 2003

pulls lie a train, and fro mwaht i can make out its faster than a stage 2 valver:D
un drunken translation- "pulls like a train, and from what i can make out its faster than a stage 2 valver"

hehe its true tho, mis-spelt but true

adi

mk2 172

lol craig, i werent on bout you actully but yeah you run me pretty close, bare in mind my new engine love optimax wihich i wasnt feeding it that day, but yeah you may do me on15s, see if you can get 14.7 1/4 tho hehe, si, nip over to donny and ill give you a blast anytime, only half an hour away tops, try and find arac for ya to witness, love scalping thewse local modders hehem knocktehn down a peg or two

mk2 172

i see youv editee amte! hehe, in gear you might have me, well have to see, that 14.7 will be hard to chase tho!

Sold MK1 RSI to travel

Agh right so your just round the corner really, Ive seen the vids you do Craggy, there quality.
Have you got a rough idea as to how many valver/willy owners there are in the local area that you know well of?

Sold MK1 RSI to travel

The next major RWYB that I know of is the Hot Hatch at York in July are you guys going, if so will you be up for a convoy from the area?If so can I tag along?:D

Craig, Ill give you a race if you want. Last time I raced Craggy (standard, but with back seats out from about 35mph) it was pretty even. Although Craggy is at pains to tell me that hed hammer me from a standing start!

When you get some 15s back on Ill have a run against you on the Chesterfield/Sheffield bypass? Also a good stretch at the Chesterfield end for some AP22 runs if you fancy.

Rhys

Quote: Originally posted by Si_5 on 28 May 2003

Are you talking to Craggy or me?:confused:
Are you talking to me or someone else?! :confused::confused::confused:

I think Im talking to Craig/Adams_16v, but youve got me confused now!

PS: Although youre most welcome to do some AP22 runs before you start tuning your RSi.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

yeah sounds good mate. was suppose to be picking up the 15s tonight but the kid smashed his car up an hour before i was meant to meet him. they are getting refurbed too so in a week or 2?

Sold MK1 RSI to travel

Cheers Rhys my Stage 1 is going ahead at the end of June, so if you fancy meeting up we can give it a blast.

I realise I dont have the 16valve power or the VTS power :)() but at the end of the day its got a lot of torque low range and I aint gonna loose my license doing 120/130/140mph even if I could, you know what I mean. But to have the acceleration and torque you guys have, would be nice but "one can always dream" :D