ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nürburgring 2009 project .......

Golf TDI
my laptops a little on the buggered side so im struggling to post up my updates but i have made more progress . more soon :)

Black Gold Trophy
looks cool mate, although I strongly would have advised that you covered the seats and the bodywork with something to avoid the sparks damaging anything!

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
get it fully stripped and sprayed ;)

2973655871_6937eb346d_b.jpg

2974512688_22d5c28e32_b.jpg

Golf TDI
Update number 5

After i had removed the headlining the sun was being a right bugger unless i was to keep a set of sunglasses in the car so fitting a t**t strip was the only option .......

PB281372.jpg

on the inside as you can see , it hasnt taken away too much of my view ....

PB281371.jpg

Quick picture of how the back is looking at the moment .

PC091389.jpg

After reading countless amounts of guides on here i still couldnt find all the torq screws to remove the top of the dash , so after using a bit of common sense and just looking for all the bolts i finally got it off ;)

PC091390.jpg

and how its looking without the top of the dash , mainly there is alot of wires and loom i need to remove :approve:

PC091388.jpg

the car is feeling mega raw tbh when im out and about in it :eek: will take some getting used to :) still got lots more updates i need to post but im getting lazy with the camera lol kieran .

Balders172

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
nice project mate, wish i had the money to do something like this

from another fellow ciaran :D

172//Crap Micra//Bus
Awesome Mate, Good Work!! I've started doing mine, but having some issues with myself... can't decide how far I want to go with it all lol. Keep it up

proton compact 1.3 GLi
nice project mate, wish i had the money to do something like this

from another fellow ciaran :D

the only money spent was for the sunstrip - doesnt cost a thing to take stuff out of the car!

sell the bits and bobs of interior and make the money to get some buckets :rasp:

Golf TDI
the only money spent was for the sunstrip - doesnt cost a thing to take stuff out of the car!

sell the bits and bobs of interior and make the money to get some buckets :rasp:

coilovers cost money ! exhaust systems cost money :rasp: and tbh i dont think that the old shabby interiors of ph 1 172 are worth much these days . its all bout finding the time to get things done , like now all i can see is the tar that is in the interior panels . so i need to get a heat gun and spend some time getting rid of it.

320d
Good project this kieran. I'm thinking of getting a ph1 next year. I wouldn't do such extreme stripage personally because I couldn't be doing with it as a daily driver.

Ph1's looks awsome though don't they? Much more agressive than a ph2. Will look realy good with the coilies and exhaust. Which coilies and exhaust you going for?

Golf TDI
right i made some good progress today , i have removed the whole air bag loom etc so the airbag lights on my dash are now out , i have furthermore stripped the car , the bottom end of the dash has been out and i have removed all this brown foamy stuff , the top of the dash is also off as we speak as iv tidied up alot of the wiring . tbh im thinking of leaving the dash top off as it weights quite a bit and doesnt look too bad without it . pictures will be taken when it stops bloody raining .

340i
I am being held back by rain today....

Was meant to be removing the airbag loom!! Your going to shoot ahead of me with your progress LOL

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
right i made some good progress today , i have removed the whole air bag loom etc so the airbag lights on my dash are now out , i have furthermore stripped the car , the bottom end of the dash has been out and i have removed all this brown foamy stuff , the top of the dash is also off as we speak as iv tidied up alot of the wiring . tbh im thinking of leaving the dash top off as it weights quite a bit and doesnt look too bad without it . pictures will be taken when it stops bloody raining .

Good luck seeing in the sun or any light then, i drove ours with the dash board of 1 day and its impossible. not worth it.

RB 182 Cup
i have removed the whole air bag loom etc so the airbag lights on my dash are now out

How did you do that mate? I have just removed the airbag computer, and started chopping out all the unwanted wires from the loom, and the light is still on. Did you take the LED out from the cluster?

M

mini-valver

Good luck seeing in the sun or any light then, i drove ours with the dash board of 1 day and its impossible. not worth it.

What? I've been driving round without ANY of the dash in, lower and upper and it makes no difference to glare.

M

mini-valver

ATM, my heater controls are screwed to the matrix and all other wiring is just hanging, lol. Still more than driveable!

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
ATM, my heater controls are screwed to the matrix and all other wiring is just hanging, lol. Still more than driveable! Today 16:33

Nice lol, It is a nightmare to sort out when theres nothing to hide it behind :dapprove:

Golf TDI
im going to leave the bottom end of the dash in as i have plans for it ......and as for james i will look out for your thread and see what you have managed to do with the dash .

340i
I started stripping the loom down this weekend...

Things seem so much easier/quicker in the summer!! All it seems to be is rain or frost LOL

Golf TDI
what iv noticed and i hope im not the only one but at night there is condensation on my cars inside roof and it then freezers over . tis bloody cold lol

Golf TDI
done one of the shitty jobs on my list of things to do today , out came the heatgun and i set away getting rid of all the tar ! i read on here how it apparently weighed a ton but my god when i stuck it all in one black back it bloody does !! alot heavier than i was expecting . as i started on it all i got my camera out ready for some more update pictures and what a suprise camera battery was dead :( so i will have to get some pics tomorrow . also i removed the fog lights and wiring for them today as i have plans for brake ducts . the car looks so slaggish with no fog lights !! :)

Golf TDI
Update number 6

Right then as promised i have finally got around to getting the camera out and taking a few pics of the latest progress so here we go ....right then after alot of thinking i have decided to ditch the original dash all together as i was going to originally keep the bottom and just " leave" the top off . however this looked a bit half arsed or as if i had lost the top lol so now the whole dash is out i have had to make temporary measures ie. cable ties ...

PC191400.jpg

heating controls ...

PC191399.jpg

PC191398.jpg

me and a mate are thinking of some good different ways of doing the dash :evil: we will see ;)

i also got around to taking a heat gun to all the tar that renault stuck into the car to make it weigh a bloody ton ....

PC191401.jpg

the ceiling tar prooved to be more diificult to remove but i got there in the end ....

PC191402.jpg

after seing another guys project thread and taking a bit of inspiration from it ( burp ) i took a liking to the whole black mirrors-black wheels combo and had to follow ... ( here comes the slating for " copying " ) :rasp:

PC191406.jpg

also i have got around to removing the fog lights as some brake ducts are in the pipeline

PC191405.jpg

PC191407.jpg

picked up some tow stickers as i like them simple as lol .....

PC191403.jpg

and now after recieving this in the post this morning i am going to have to get around to modifying the tow eye holder and stripping the paint off of this . however i might keep it yellow we will see .

PC191410.jpg

some bucket seats have now been sourced and a road trip is planned this week to collect them :) cant wait ...kieran :approve:

C

clvs2222

couple of comments - have you told your insurance that you are doing all this stuff? as i know you are paying a shead load for it already.

hoping you stick to your plan of making it a track car and not have a change of heart, as the work you've done cannot be reversed.

if you look at some other peoples cars who have stripped them, some have had customs dash's made to house the clocks and switches. maybe this would be a idea to think about.

Made a comment about carbon earlier in the thread, it costs alot for bits but does tidy everything up. think its streamline who do the door cards and other things

Golf TDI
couple of comments - have you told your insurance that you are doing all this stuff? as i know you are paying a shead load for it already.

hoping you stick to your plan of making it a track car and not have a change of heart, as the work you've done cannot be reversed.

if you look at some other peoples cars who have stripped them, some have had customs dash's made to house the clocks and switches. maybe this would be a idea to think about.

Made a comment about carbon earlier in the thread, it costs alot for bits but does tidy everything up. think its streamline who do the door cards and other things

i have been in touch with my insurance company about the work i have done so far , whats a few more pennies when your paying about a million pounds a year for insurance :boring: i have tried to look around at some custon dashes as im looking for some inspiration and ideas however when it comes to clio they are few and far between , i can cope with everything " hanging " at the moment as i know as soon as i decide what to do it WILL all get tidied up . i will admit the stuff streamline do and including the door cards do look well smart but at the end of the day the project is hopefully going to be more purpose over looks and i might not get door cards , if anything and i do decide to get door cards i will simply make some up . i have been looking into poly windows but i was wondering if anyone knew whats it like on the security side of it having sliders ?? surely any old person can slide the windows open on the way home from the pub and take a piss in your motor:quiet: lol cheers for the comments chris . kieran .

black 172
mate this is looking great, wish i had the time and patience to strip mine! im guessing yourr the guy who lives by matt richards in pencoed, saw the car last nite!

Golf TDI
mate this is looking great, wish i had the time and patience to strip mine! im guessing yourr the guy who lives by matt richards in pencoed, saw the car last nite!

yes mate , thats me . thanks :) i have an udpate aswell now , but they are night time pics i need some day time pics to show my seating arrangement ;):approve:

Golf TDI
Update number 7

Right then over the last few weeks i have been busy saving up a few pennies so i can be rid of the hefty weighted leather sport seats . Looking few some old threads i seen a guy on here selling a set of cobra clubmans and after a pm he agrreed to sell them for a very decent price along with subframes , im not sure as of yet wether these are going to be a permanent long term option as they do sit quite high on the current subframes however for fixed buckets these are very comfy . so only a few days before christmas :eek: me and a mate made the trip to bournemouth ;)

PC221412.jpg

then it was just a case of out with the old .....

PC221421.jpg

and in with the new .....

PC251426.jpg

PC251425.jpg

PC251423.jpg

im currently running these with standard seat belts :dapprove: as the cobra frames allow you to do so , as currently my money is being focused elsewhere i.e my exhaust and decat ( coming soon ) . but not long after that i will be fitting harnesses . :evil: merry christmas :) kieran .

Good stuff, That solid sunstrip looks crap imo, And whys the tax disc so high?

Lost the sunstrip and reposition the tax d holder and it will be mint.

Buckets look good.

Golf TDI
Good stuff, That solid sunstrip looks crap imo, And whys the tax disc so high?

Lost the sunstrip and reposition the tax d holder and it will be mint.

Buckets look good.

im not trying to make the car look " mint " as such , its more about the performance . the sunstrip is there as i dont have a headliner / sun visors ;) otherwise i wont be able to see ( unless i carry sunglasses in deceber lol ) and the tax disc as there because ....well .... i like them there :approve: lol

320d
Awsome project. How much do you think you have lost then? maybe 70kg's with the spare wheel etc.

How does it go compared to standard?