ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

N2o kits

Mk2 172

I see some peoples signatures mention NOS.

What kits have you got, and how are they activated?

Is there a problem with the 172 as it has an electronic accellerator?

Cheers.

Simplest way is to run a wet system.

Small ish jet of about 50bhp is enough, but you can go far higher.

Its activated on full throttle via a micro switch that trips and activates teh solenoids when you reach full throttle. You also have an arming switch to turn it on so you dont drive around with it permanently on.

No probnlem with the FBW throttle, you jsut place the micro swtch in the pedal assembly.

I personally have a NOSWIZARD/Highpower system streetblaster 100 on a carbed car. But the only dif is that you dont need an extra pump for a FI car.

Easy/simple and fun.

The only thing you have to be careful of in teh 172 is that the knock sensor works. you might also want to take extra precausions for retarding teh ignition.

Mk2 172

Cheers Ben,

I got an e-ram a while ago........ Couldnt get this microswitch thing to work so to make the contacts I connected one wire to the metal gas pedal, and stuck a washer to the kick plate thing under the gas pedal and attached the other wire to it.

The FBW gas pedal has sort of a kick to it at the bottom, which allowed me to not use it at WOT.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

heh i was thinking of maybee getting a kit for my 1.4 till i go for the gtt convertion :D

would be good to go have a race with some people i know and beat them then open the boot and make em cry :D

lol

I have a streetbalster kit to (noswizard). Its on a GTT converted clio. The micro switch is mounted on a braket just behind the car, so when the pivoted bar is all the way back (when on full throttle) it makes the connection. then there is the arming swtich inside the car

You cant go wrong with a noswizard kit.