ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nasty Golf crash at Cadwell today

BMW M5 & E36
utf-8BSU1HMDAwOTEtMjAxMDA4MjEtMTczOS5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAwOTYtMjAxMDA4MjEtMTc1MC5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAwOTItMjAxMDA4MjEtMTc0MC5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAwOTMtMjAxMDA4MjEtMTc0NC5qcGc.jpg

Note it was Right hand drive!

utf-8BSU1HMDAwOTQtMjAxMDA4MjEtMTc0NS5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAwOTUtMjAxMDA4MjEtMTc0Ny5qcGc.jpg

This is what hit it and burst into flames:

utf-8BSU1HMDAwODktMjAxMDA4MjEtMTczOS5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HXzc5OTguanBn.jpg

Motorsport can be dangerous, luckily both drivers walked away :)

BMW E36 328
where did it crash chris? looks like it hit that big tree just before you go up the hill lol

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
looks really nasty
similar to a very well known local accident down this way on a public road were a CTR hit a tree... i knew a fire officer that attended

"the front and the back of the car were pointing in the same direction and there was 2 seats and 2 bodies in the space of what an original seat would have been...."

BMW M5 & E36
They had it attached to an old land drover to pull it off the flatbed.... he was sat there with smoke POURING off the clutch, that was rather funny. :star:

It was pretty awful tbh, a few marshals I know have said it was the biggest crash they'd ever seen. I was at that point today and we had a BMW in the tyres at top whack. Destroyed the tyre wall and sent the marshal stood next to me flying down the hill after being hit in the face with the tyres from the wall. Ended up with a bad concussion and a broken elbow - bloody lucky tbh. If I'd been stood four feet to the left, it'd have been me!

182cup & 172 racecar
I know it can happen anywhere,but this is one of the reasons I don't want to race at Cadwell.Very narrow.

Sh1t thats bad agree with Daniel that made me feel a bit sick too.

Shows how just a small tap can get very serious quickly. I'm no expert but if there was a larger run off maybe that wouldn't have happened.

Oil Burner
Accidents happen. Cadwell is a tight old circuit, but these sort of freak accidents can happen anywhere. There are places at Brands and Oulton where you're this close to barriers and a similar accident could happen. The crash at Brands GP last year with the Seat was caused in a similar manner to this crash. If they go adding run off everywhere then tracks like cadwell wouldn't exist and we would be left with lots of boring modern GP circuits. I am surprised there wasn't a conveyer belt on the barrier (that i noticed). This might of stopped the white car from ending up on top of the barrier.

Not wearing gloves however makes him an idiot.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
That video brings it home compared with the pics.

f**k! The panic that would set in seeing those flames is unimaginable.

Was the black golf still sitting at the front of the white one whilst it was on fire?

I imagine the black driver couldn't get out his car?

Pictures of the roll cage are astonishing, sure it deformed a fair amount, but amazing that pretty much one cross brace took the entire shunt and of course most importantly it undoubtedly saved the driver from massive injuries. The whole thing is sickening but it was especially frightening how the windshield was engulfed in flames before it had finished rolling.

As above, any more info on how the driver of the black car got out? Must've taken an absolutely massive whack when the belts tensioned and the seat stopped travelling towards the passenger side.

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
scary stuff! what was the black car driver doing steering into him!!!

making a mistake. It happens when you are racing flat out. I could write a list of errors I made racing today but I didnt crash this time.

Kev