ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nattys Paste Wax & Pc'ing Question

Golf R32 & 172 CUP
Got my Paste wax today - it smells lovely bubblegum! but i have never used paste wax before, its like harder than hair putty! how do i apply it? is it by hand only?

Just changed the plug on the Pc all went to plan, hopefully my Poorboys SSR 1 & 2.5 should be here in the morning! now on my Golf the paint work only has very light swirls shouldi hust use the SSR1? or will i need the 2.5?

Oh ans Top Marks to Tim @ Cleanyourcar.co.uk - brilliant fast friendly service got my bits next day packed perfectly!

Cheers

Pete

106 GTi
Try the SSR 1 first see how it goes, VAG paint is normally hard, SSR 2.5 works well on the R32 I look after.

As for the Nattys, I use my fingers to warm it a little and apply with a foam hand pad.

Golf R32 & 172 CUP
Cheers Rich - hoping to have a session with the pc on my mums neglected clio this weekend, then ill do the '32 - will take some pics before and after!

Glad to hear you have had ok results with the 2.5 on a R32, what colour was this one not Deep Blue by chance, would i just go onto the ssr 1 after ive used the 2.5?then sealer and then nattys wax?

Also what pads with what?

Sorry for the questions just want to attack it knowing what i am doing (well best i can)

106 GTi
The R32 is Black.

SSR 2.5 can finish down sealant/wax ready on VW Black, but a follow up with SSR 1 will be worth the extra step. I was pushed for time and went from SSR 2.5 on a light cut pad to sealant and it looked great.

Try the SSR 1 on the polishing pad first, If not working SSR 2.5 on a polishing pad, if that's still not cutting it SSR 2.5 on a light cut pad.

If the 2.5 works well on the polishing pad then follow it with the ssr 1 on the finishing pad. If the SSR 2.5 needs the cutting pad follow that with the SSR 1 on the finishing pad. Then seal and wax.

106 GTi
Which pads have you got Sonus? DAS or SFX

DAS

Orange - Cutting
Green - Polishing
Blue - Finishing

SFX

Yellow - Cutting
White - Polishing
Blue - Finishing

106 GTi
I have both the DAS and SFX kits plus the spot pads, aswell as some Lake Country finishing pads and cutting pads. Depending on the job in hand as to which I choose.

The SFX Pads are are a touch more aggressive than the equivilent DAS ones.

Hyundai coupe
The wax use a MF Applicator long thin strokes should see it,

The vag paint will take at least some menzerna intensive polish maybe menzerna power gloss in places Also the LC Pads are betetr for this maybe the new edge pads might fix it. i'm not a fan of ssr so dated imo.

106 GTi
From the convo I had from Pete, he was waiting for the newer vesrions to come back in stock.

The Poorboys SSR range for a first time user are easy to use, and SSR 2.5 will work with the VAG clear just not as quickly as the Menzerna.

Golf R32 & 172 CUP
Yup ill get the Menzerna when it comes back in stock! the SSr will do for now as a first try! cheers for the tips guys.

Pete