ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Naughty Tiscali!!!!!!!!!!!!

C-VXR. Once owned a Clio
Its hard to know where to start with this issue, simply put Tiscali are stopping all Sony PS3 owners playing Call of Duty 4 Online at certain times (mostly the whole evening up to 12 midnight).

I first looked into this when I could not connect to games on my Playstation 3 and got “error 33” with Call of Duty 4, and also having many other connection problems in the game.

After a little research I found out I was not the only one with these problems and even more amazingly nearly everyone was a Tiscali or Pipex (owned by Tiscali) customer.

I have read all 41 pages on a Tiscali forum, which shows many of the ISP’s users moving away to another broadband provider and getting their Mac codes.

It looks like the issue is COD4 uses P2P to find games and Tiscali are blocking this at certain times…they are going to lose thousands of their customers over this if its not fixed fast.

The reason this has affected so many people is because COD4 is not the only game using P2P when gaming and lots of gamers playing other games are affected. You can read all 41+ pages here on Tiscali’s forum and there are many other sites with thousands of other gamers complaining.

Now we are left with the questions:
Are Tiscali legally allowed to block gamers from playing games online?
Will they ever bother to fix it if they are allowed?

Leave a comment below if you have been affected by this Tiscali problem, also tell us what games system you are using and what game.

Get news updates delivered by email – Get our newsletter

Yeh I'm with them too... I have to download a large amount of stuff over torrent (all perfectly legal) and can't get any sort of connection until midnight, and cuts off around 5am.

Formally Clio 182
I'm with BT Total Broadband, got a free BT vision box and BT homehub.

COD4 works fine.

Golf MK6 GT TDI
Gutted for tiscali people who cant play COD4! thats like having a car with no engine!

Talk Talk ftw!;)