ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

nearside front brake bias cup

clio cup 172
When braking the left front wheel always locks up first and makes the car feel unbalanced under heavy braking. Also when i took it for drive the left was smoking but the right wasnt.
Any ideas how to solve the problem?
172 cup btw

Lionel Richie
what do you mean the left was smoking?

you may have a sticky caliper

the car has more weight on the drivers side, so the front left locking up is not abnormal, what's it like with a passenger on board?

clio cup 172
went to brecon beacons for a drive and was using them very heavily seemed like one was smoking loads but drivers side wasnt.
with passenger.
it doent pull to the left under braking but it does feel a bit wobbley like the weight shifting to 1 side
wat do you think on changing fluid?

C

Cupster

Mine locked on n/s first as Fred says. After a nice re-grease of the caliper sliders made aquite a diff for me. Lot more balanced now tbh.

clio cup 172
The slider was jammed when i changed the brakes actualy. dont think i regreased them? will pull them to bits 2mo n give them a service
cheers