ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need a strong wheel cleaner for white wheels

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Morning all

recommendations please? I want to clean my wheels properly before sealing with FK1000p but Megs Hot wheels, Autoglym, wonder wheels (off the top of my head) that I have isn't doing jack s**t. Well they aren't getting rid of the stubborn stuff anyway.

Bilberry/Autosmart? IronX?

Please advise.

Dan

What are you trying to get rid of? If Wonder Wheels hasn't shifted it, it's not grime. It's likely to be iron deposits or tar, in which case IronX and Tardis are the next stages. Then claying, then polishing, then wipe down with IPA and seal.

That's the proper process.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Not sure tbh. Muck that has just stained on from what I can tell.

Wonder wheels was the old grey bottle stuff I got for a quid from Asda years ago, not the new stuff people on DW rate.

Yeah, that'll be why it doesn't look like it's done anything. The new stuff DW raves about contains a fall out removing ingredient and is pH neutral. The stuff you've got is just brick acid and won't be doing your wheels any good.

Wash the wheels with a degreaser, then rinse. Follow up with IronX, wipe with a MF and rinse. Then Tardis, wipe, rinse. Then re-wash, rinse, clay, rinse, dry polish, IPA wipe down to remove oils, then a couple of very thin layers of FK100p.

Anytime chap. If you're not sure or something doesn't work, post up and we'll come back to you.