ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel Cleaner Samples - strong/acidic

Hola fellow chumps.

I've been looking around for a strong wheel cleaner sample like Megs Wheel Brightener as I will need something serious on the insides of the Panzer's wheels weekend after next. Last time around I just blitzed them with IronX (literally 3-6 applications) and they really didn't budge as much as I'd wanted.

As a bit of pre planning this time around, I'm after a sample (50-100ml) of something strong, but can't find anything (might be going blind, might be being lazy).

Anyone kind enough to pop a sample for MONIES in the post?

Cheers

TheMonies-1.jpg

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Good lord !!!

Leave them in some Daddies Sauce or a bathtub full of Coke overnight !?

[serious suggestion - however may be cheaper just to get them powdercoated!]

Yeah I know but I've diluted it before to work on some family cars' wheels.

I can't at the moment as just don't have the time or the urge to get them powder coated.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Strong G101 followed by ironx. Ironx is one of the strongest cleaners because it actually targets the problem, brake dust build up.

You got g101?

Yeah, tried that last time. Was getting through IronX like champers!!! I'll just keep working it this time. Bought 1000ml refill pack and have Shinearama round the corner if necessary. Just thought an acidic cleaner might be a good start.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Definitely then clay if need be after more iron x.

Autosmart do a super acidic aluminium cleaner it's crazy good, too strong to use regularly but ideal for that stuff.

Trying to think of anything else. Wonder wheels must be worth a try.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
After the many claims of people rating super acidic super wheel stripper that's safe on paints I'm surprised there's not been more suggestions. I've been searching for the thread were it started an argument on using aggressive stuff

Not a 320d
Y'all heard of Espuma Revolution?

Non acidic and burns skin. Most Brutal TFR ive ever come across. i use it diluted to remove bugs sometimes.

Ive tried wonder wheels, Revolution and iron X on s**t like that before and nothing will budge it. Get a scalple out and pick away at it.

Im almost out and will likely be buying some more soon.......

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Truck wash. ( cnt remember the manufacture tho ) ment to be diluted 50/1 for medium and 90/1 for weak. Iv used it out of the bottle , scrubbed the fucker into the back of my wheels and lets it dwell. Pressure washed off and done.

Could always try steam cleaning along with a wheel cleaner.

Last resort, oven cleaner !

2001 CLIO 1.9 DIESEL
I have had some heavily soiled wheels in the past and used brick acid, by god it gets them clean and costs next to nothing for a 5l drum

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I have a brand new bottle of wonder wheels. That'll do the job. Send me a pm with your address and Ill send some to you.

Lol chappppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppers, missed your post.

Last edited: