ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need advice - Fast

Ive just arranged to buy an Alpine SWR-1242D Sub with a Lighting Audio B2.350.1 Bolt Amp so the amp and sub match up perfectly, 300w RMS 1000W max. With wiring, box and fitting this comes to £360, but i still need a headunit so what shall i get? Im looking at around £150 - £200 because im now on a budget. I was going to get the Alpine CDA-9855R but this is just a bit too expensive.

Thanks, Shaun

true, by the looks of their reviews as well though and features the alpine CDA-9855R is about £100 dearer for a few flashing lights

Monaro VXR
Alpine can create a better soundstage due to all the extra gadgets.

But id honestly just wait a little bit if you want the alpine 9855r it worth waiting till you can get that unit. Least then you got what ya wanted and its only £80 difference. Not gonna take long to save that.

yeh i do want the 9855r but i had a play about on one this morning and there too many gadgets lol. i think it would take a week to figure out how to use it

Clio 1.4 16v Mk2
if your looking for a head unit try and get the one with the highest sub out voltage like the 2 links posted before the pioneer would be better as the pre out voltage is 6v which is great but the alpine has 2v which is not all that good saying it's a alpine.if looking for a new head unit try and go no less then 4volts if possible which would give you more bass and performance.

ps try to go with alpine cant fault them