ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need advice for touch up paint

Clio 182 FF
Hey
I just need some advice on how to go about touch up painting this. You can see the previous owner already tried and failed halfway through i guess but yeah. I know it's not really fixable, and the whole will probably get a new paint anyway at some point, but i'd just like to try and make this look better in the mean time.
Should i use a prime coat ? What products should i use etc. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

monaco 172
In my experience touching up usually looks almost as bad as no paint.

I'd probably have a go at masking the whole area up along the contours rubbing it all down and attempting a proper job at blending it.

If you fremove the black plastic grill you will be able to spray into that for blending and go up to the lines where it's a sharp angle and then rub down and clear coat over the existing clear coat on either side to attempt blending.

That how I did it on my fuel cap rust and was mega impressed at the result using rattle cans

Clio 182 FF
Thanks a lot mate, i think i might take it to a pro for that, there is one nearby, they told me they could do the job for about 50€ so i might just see what they can do, wont be really good looking but honestly, everytime i look at it i see it and that's starting to bother me quite a lot haha

monaco 172
Thanks a lot mate, i think i might take it to a pro for that, there is one nearby, they told me they could do the job for about 50€ so i might just see what they can do, wont be really good looking but honestly, everytime i look at it i see it and that's starting to bother me quite a lot haha
I'd do that mate, touching up will look crap anyway lol

Clio mk3 1.4
The key for touch up paint is preparation and application. Most people will use a brush and use strokes which creates dodgy valleys.
Take a look at this vid, should explain a few things.

monaco 172
The key for touch up paint is preparation and application. Most people will use a brush and use strokes which creates dodgy valleys.
Take a look at this vid, should explain a few things.
I watched that the other night. Really good tips.

I've tried the tooth pick method a few times, much better than brushing on, but it still creates a peak