ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need help choosing a head unit

Nissan Jewk
I'm looking to change my current head unit, the JVC KD-AVX33. I've had it a while and its time for a change. However, i've been out the head unit market for a while and don't really know anymore whats good and whats to avoid.

However, if possible, I want something that isn't a face-off. I had an Alpine a while back that kind of folded back within itself so it looked like a face-off, as I do sometimes forget to take the face with me!

I'm looking at around the £400 mark, need to have the usual bluetooth, mp3, usb maybe, not too bothered about having a dvd screen, just want real top quality stuff.

Thanks!

Revels Mum & Sister
Are you running standard speakers? If so I would spend less on the H.U and upgrade the speakers fella. Will give a much better sound.

I have always rated Alpine units! As for the folding in thing. Gimmick. I thief will spot that a mile off mate!

Nissan Jewk
Got quality set of componenets (audiobahn) and a Genesis amp, so it sounds good but I dunno, bored I guess!

I like gimmicks :) I guess i've always had trouble in the past with contacts from the face off suffering from wear and tear....

Revels Mum & Sister
Ahh thats cool then. Not sure which headunit tbh. Never had much of a problem myself? Stop being a gheyer. Find a specific car audio forum!

Revels Mum & Sister
Great units. Couple friends used to own a Car Audio store. Now out of business but had a fiddle with the 2008 version and it was great!

Bear in mind it has no CD slot. But that wouldnt bother me as it integrates so well with the iphone/ipod!

Better than yours. C*nt.
X305 is good. I just splashed on a Kenwood 524 DVD thing, plus the bluetooth/iPod video thing. Turns up tomorrow. Close to £600 though so a load more, but I think it's possibly one of the best value units you can get.

I had an Alpine 9861Ri for ages. Best HU I ever owned. Did everything very well, but you'd have to go for a separate bluetooth handsfree. Plus side is it has one of the best sound qualities for a sub £1000 head unit you'll find.

Revels Mum & Sister
X305 is good. I just splashed on a Kenwood 524 DVD thing, plus the bluetooth/iPod video thing. Turns up tomorrow. Close to £600 though so a load more, but I think it's possibly one of the best value units you can get.

I had an Alpine 9861Ri for ages. Best HU I ever owned. Did everything very well, but you'd have to go for a separate bluetooth handsfree. Plus side is it has one of the best sound qualities for a sub £1000 head unit you'll find.

Knows about the Alpines. They always championed Alpine and were a dealer. So I got good deals. I still have a 9835R!