ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need new 19" LCD TV

Fiesta Zetec S TDCI
As above - need a good recommendation of a 19" (or 20") LCD TV, with the following:

HDMI input
DVI/VGA input (either)
Reasonable sound
Scart (pretty standard :p)
Wall mountable

Freeview is not essential as we can't get it in my area (we use freesat) however its a bonus incase we move in the future.

The budget is £200 tops. I'd prefer recommendations of TV's you've actually used, as I know from experience, some viewing angles are complete lies on manufacturers specs pages.

Cheers, James

P.S. Brand wise - don't mind too much, like the looks of Samsungs and LGs thou. This TV will be used in the kitchen/seating area

Skoda Fabia vRS
dont buy a Hitachi they sell at Dixons, they are rubbish

the Samsung we got as a replacement is really good, got it from PC World, its actually a monitor/tv

My bro has a 19" Samsung lcd, his is rosewood effect one (sounds awful but it isn't) It's a nice tv.

Fiesta Zetec S TDCI
Right, 'rents have decided that upto 24" would be good, and raised the budget to max £300.

I noticed this as i was searching. Its spec seems perfect, however I'm worried that viewing angles may be poor as it seems to be aimed at been a hybrid monitor/TV rather than primarily a TV with a DVI input.

http://www.dixons.co.uk/product.php?sku=858759&camp_id=ppc_tvcampmonitor23

What'd you guys think?

Cheers, James

(P.S. Theres also a 5% off voucher which brings the price down to about £240)

tiTTy & SV650
I bought a 22" UMC from Tesco Direct with in built multi region DVD which plays DivX and freeview in built too. £141 see HUKD

bargain for the bedroom if it doesn't break within a year I'm happy

Haybails1980

ClioSport Club Member
^^^I also have a 19" UMC in my spare bedroom and it is now outwith it's warranty period which has just started burning the edge of the dvd's played in it. :-(

I went to Tesco but they wouldn't do anything so gave me a leaflet for their customer services. Phoned them up and they sent out an extended warranty form. Filled this out when I got it and they sent a letter saying they couldn't do anything but said they were sending a cheque for £100.

tiTTy & SV650
^^^I also have a 19" UMC in my spare bedroom and it is now outwith it's warranty period which has just started burning the edge of the dvd's played in it. :-(

I went to Tesco but they wouldn't do anything so gave me a leaflet for their customer services. Phoned them up and they sent out an extended warranty form. Filled this out when I got it and they sent a letter saying they couldn't do anything but said they were sending a cheque for £100.

not bad, for £30 you can get it with 3 year warranty so £171 or so for a 22" via tesco direct just now